Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dont see many..?

spl@

Silly I know, just curious. 

When we bought the Range rover, all of a sudden you see them everywhere, the wife's old Nissan, her current modus. They all seemed to miraculously appear on the roads in number. Im not counting the Mondeo for obvious reasons.

Were picking the Rav up on Saturday and I have hardly seen one. Are they hiding or are they rarer than I expected? Although with ours their will be 3 on our street, 🙂

In 2016 and 2017 Toyota sold approx 8,500 Rav4s each year. Year to date (Jan-July) 2018, they have sold 4,448. 

One does wonder whether the all new Rav4 due out in 2019 has had an effect on sales of the current model.

A lot of buyers at this time of the year are waiting for 1st September.

This is an interesting website:

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk

You can see how many cars of a particular make and model are on the road year on year. The information is updated quarterly from DVLA records.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

In 2016 and 2017 Toyota sold approx 8,500 Rav4s each year. Year to date (Jan-July) 2018, they have sold 4,448. 

One does wonder whether the all new Rav4 due out in 2019 has had an effect on sales of the current model.

Plenty of demand for them, we have a full order book however WLTP regs stopped production until recently reducing supplies and with the upcoming 2019 model Toyota have now started run-out meaning up until the beginning of this week all outstanding order would be fulfilled, all low selling variants and options have been deleted and production of popular models is now fixed until end of production so any new orders of current model have to come from the fixed list ( same applies to Auris as well )

It was more the fact that you don't see them physically all that often. The one I have bought is a green/silver metallic, could call it aquamarine I suppose. I have not seen another in that colour. The ones I have seen have been black or silver. They have been thin on the ground, single figures.

Just struck me as odd, with the numbers still registered from that link there hardly scarce. Maybe they are used much more as a recreational vehicle. 

• 1 month later...
Silly I know, just curious. 
When we bought the Range rover, all of a sudden you see them everywhere, the wife's old Nissan, her current modus. They all seemed to miraculously appear on the roads in number. Im not counting the Mondeo for obvious reasons.
Were picking the Rav up on Saturday and I have hardly seen one. Are they hiding or are they rarer than I expected? Although with ours their will be 3 on our street, [emoji846]
Yeah, it's called the Bader Meinhoff Effecr although my spelling mau not be 100% accurate I seen it one time and never again up unti and including today lol

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

What does a gang of terrorists have to do with perceptions of car models?

See: 

Baader-Meinhof is the phenomenon where one stumbles upon some obscure piece of information—often an unfamiliar word or name—and soon afterwards encounters the same subject again, often repeatedly.

I guessed that, but why is it named after a gang of terrorists?

Edit:

Don't bother, I Googled it.