Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

(Burned engine?)Garage for UK Toyota Landcruiser (2005 3L) in the NE

CorollaChew2005

Hi Folks,

This is my 2nd post on Toyota forum (1st one in introduction)

I am asking for advice on behalf of a friend who is very stressful with his Landcruiser now as we (friend in far east) think he has burned his engine.

Could folks recommend a garage that can deal with Toyota Landcruiser (UK 2005 model 3L diesel engine) please, ideally in the North East or near Newcastle upon Tyne.

We have been asking around but most do not have the lift for such heavy vehicle so rejected the work.

As Toyota Landcruiser (Prado) is very common on the road in the far east, most garages over there can deal with it rather easily and parts are plentiful but over here it is rather difficult to fine someone who can deal with 4x4.

Basically while driving on motorway the oil pressure light came up but he continued to drive for a while until the engine totally stop/loss power completely and parked on the road side to be towed back.

The starter works but the engine will not turn. 

He had some problem with the fuel pump few years back but sorted that out. However, I do not know if he has sorted it out properly as he got some warning light from time to time but he ignored it saying it would go away then continued as usual with his driving.

Friend in the far east said oil pressure light came up the chances are that both the crank and cams are gone ... engine burned. Expensive to fix.

My friend current situation is to find a garage to confirm the bad news then he can either repair to to replace with a reconditioned engine.  (I think he also needs a new gearbox too as his gear box is also playing up but that is not a major problem for now).

I don't know how much it will cost here for a reconditioned engine or to fix it but it will be expensive and according to my friend D4D engine is very expensive to repair in the far east.

Any advice will be a great help.

Cheers

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links