Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

75k Service

WiseNatcho

Just about to hit the 75k mark, so think its time again for a major service of the little iQ!

Is there listed anywhere a service schedule or maintenance plan to see what work  I should ask my local garage to do?

Also if I'm feeling brave, how difficult is it to carry out a service yourself... if anyone has any experience changing spark plugs on these cars etc. It would be great to hear!

Cheers 🙂

If you still have the service and warranty book, there is a form of service schedule in there.

I just pay toyota about 19 quid a month and let em get on with it, 

I do all my own servicing, very easy things to work on really. 

If it is all running okay why do anything special to it? Just change the filters and oil and keep going. 

My iQ3 is around 80k now and still on the original brake discs (second set of pads) and other than a new set of tyres and a yearly oil change, it hasn't had much else. I did change the spark plugs around 70k but more for fun than really needing it! 😁

Craig.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, craggle said:

I do all my own servicing, very easy things to work on really. 

If it is all running okay why do anything special to it? Just change the filters and oil and keep going. 

My iQ3 is around 80k now and still on the original brake discs (second set of pads) and other than a new set of tyres and a yearly oil change, it hasn't had much else. I did change the spark plugs around 70k but more for fun than really needing it! 😁

Craig.

Cheers Craig, this is all very encouraging to hear!  - I must admit its been neglected for a few years, and as a result feels like it could do with a good, thorough service. The spark Plugs have never been changed, mainly because I was scared off by stories of having to drop the engine to do it??...

22 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

If you still have the service and warranty book, there is a form of service schedule in there.

Thanks, will take a look!

On 8/21/2018 at 9:36 AM, WiseNatcho said:

Just about to hit the 75k mark, so think its time again for a major service of the little iQ!

Is there listed anywhere a service schedule or maintenance plan to see what work  I should ask my local garage to do?

Also if I'm feeling brave, how difficult is it to carry out a service yourself... if anyone has any experience changing spark plugs on these cars etc. It would be great to hear!

Cheers 🙂

If you don't feel brave your car is old enough to be eligible for the reduced cost Essential Care regime at a Toyota dealer - I think that the "Gold" service for an iQ is £190. There was an offer for a "Silver" & an MOT for £99 which may still be on.

I have a service contract for £18.63 a month which pays for an annual service and MOT. They may suggest additional cost items at the service though - for example brake pads when necessary. A few years ago though I decided they did not change my air conditioning filter often enough so for the past few years halfway between services I fit an new air conditioning filter myself and also clean out the air conditioning system with Comma air conditioning cleaner.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links