Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Thinking of buying an auris

Shid786

Hi I am thinking of upgrading from a 2005 Yaris to an Auris probably get 2007 to 2009 model and probably 1.6 petrol. Can people who own one please advise what the reliability’s is like and any common faults and how cheap and easy are they to fix. I have had Yaris for 2 years and love the reliability’s as don’t have to worry that I won’t be able to make it to work especially in the winter. I also can’t afford to have a car that will always be off the road and cost a lot in repairs. 

Thanks for reading 

Shahid

Generally the manual, petrol Auris are trouble free. I had two 1.33's from new (2009 & 2012), and no problem with either. 

The 'automatic' option with the Multi Mode Transmission (a manual gearbox with automated clutch), can be more troublesome.

I have 2007 1.6, no issues so far, but i would advise to check out the timing chain adjuster, as those tend to be a bit leaky, but not a hard fix to replace.

When inspecting, make sure the car is cold for 1st start, and listen for any rattle  on startup. 

I recently did 1500m trip from highways to roads you never want to go again, and no issues.

Not long owned mine which is on a 07 plate. I love it. Quite a bit of road noise when you start hitting 70mph, which I believe they are known for, plus the tyres that I have fitted already could be an added issue. The only real gripe I have about mine is the horn. It sounds like a horn you find on a moped. So I'll be changing the horn ASAP. 

The moped like sound of the horn, which i also dislike, is heard when you have windows up. 

With windows down, it sound more like a normal car horn, although even then it could use a bit "manly" horn.

Another common issue, water in boot, so check the spare tire wheel well. This is usually fixed with a bit of silicone on the light cluster gasket.

Good luck in your purchase.

I have been driving my 1.33 2011 Auris for 4 months and I cannot fault.

It does its daily duties with no issues at all, to date I have put on about 15 000km and I even service it myself as it is easy.

I will be driving it for a very long time to come.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

Glad you're pleased with it.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links