Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Samsung Galaxy S8 and Aygo Bluetooth

terrydlm

I have a 2016 Aygo and recently my bluetooth connection to my car causes the x touch screen to reboot every few seconds. I get in the car and the phone and car connect and if I am listening to the radio the screen will just restart but you can still hear the audio. If you are listening to the phones music via bluetooth then the audio will stop and then restart after the reboot. 

I am sure this is a bluetooth 5 issue which wad an update my phone recently received and o can't remove.  

Other oldet Bluetooth devices work ok. 

Has anyone else seen this behaviour? 

Kind of goes against Toyota's latest TV adverts as If you have quite a new phone you canny use Bluetooth! Unless of course mine is broken

Below is a video of the issue.

The 2018 Aygo facelift has an updated X-touch compared to the pre-facelift - and the adverts relate to the updated version.

if you suspect the issue is with your X-touch, why not get a dealer to investigate under - it is still within the new car warranty.

Moved to the Aygo club.

thanks for clearing up the new Aygo's TV ad.

Sadly I am in Guernsey and we have 1 Toyota dealer and they are not in my good books (Get my Aygo serviced at the Mazda garage who are excellent and where most of the Toyota technicians now work anyway)

I was rather hoping that someone else in the UK might have an up to date Samsung Galaxy S8 and an Aygo that could test this and confirm if they get the same issue. I think the problem will occur with with Samsung Galaxy S8, S8+, and Galaxy Note 8 and Apple iPhone 8, 8 Plus, and iPhone X.

These are all very popular phones and if they all have this issue I am thinking Toyota would have heard by now.

Hi

I have an S8 and a 2016 Aygo, and mine works perfectly fine.

After Craig confirmed his S8 was working I turned my attention to my S8 and reset all the network settings which includes the bluetooth settings. 

I have tried the phone again and it seems to be working! Removing the car from bluetooth and re adding it was not enough. 

Hopefully this is a permanent fix.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links