Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New rims ...

oldcodger

Hi,

My original 15" rims are getting rather messy,  some scuffing on the outer edge and a lot of bubbling around the hub / nuts.

Enquired about local refurbishing but over £50 a wheel + and some want the rims for a week as they send them away top be done, just not practicable for me.

There are some s/h sets of 4 on the usual sites but probably little better than mine.

Seems loads of fancy new ones and equally fancy prices, but really just want something similar to the originals, but few around and seems that their quality is equally important as its said  poor ones can dent or break too easily on potholes etc.

Anyone know of some similar good quality new alloys at sensible prices ..?

Pic of ones like mine

001059.jpg

I can't help with your question per se, but a guy at work got a set of Mondeo alloys refurbed for £100 (or was it £120?) a couple of years ago.  They also lent him a set of wheels for a couple of days while they did it.  Perhaps keep looking around for better prices?

Hi,

Spoken to a couple more and the current rates seems to be around £300+ for a set of 4,  plus 2-3 days with them,  which is a problem for a one car household eg taxis etc.

Getting new alloys does seem simper, but no point is the cheap ones break too easily....

22 hours ago, oldcodger said:

Hi,

My original 15" rims are getting rather messy,  some scuffing on the outer edge and a lot of bubbling around the hub / nuts.

Enquired about local refurbishing but over £50 a wheel + and some want the rims for a week as they send them away top be done, just not practicable for me.

There are some s/h sets of 4 on the usual sites but probably little better than mine.

Seems loads of fancy new ones and equally fancy prices, but really just want something similar to the originals, but few around and seems that their quality is equally important as its said  poor ones can dent or break too easily on potholes etc.

Anyone know of some similar good quality new alloys at sensible prices ..?

Pic of ones like mine

001059.jpg

Hi OC,

I swapped my originals with the same ones as above, like yours mines were flaky and pitted so found 4 of these with Michelin tyre on them 5-7mm thread, just over £200. Then sold my old ones for £125, chap was happy  to pick them up.

I take it that you've looked in eBay and gumtree?

Regards

Hi,

Yes, looked in both and other sites, some sets of 4, but they do not look much better than mine, but what can you expect from 12 year old rims ..doubt any will survive intact after all that time.

Wonder of anyone has done a diy refurb by using a rotary wire brush and spray painting ??