Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Feels sluggish

Bitch1001

There’s Nothing wrong with it ... it just doesn’t feel as nippy lately ... just feels sluggish ... that’s the only way to describe it 

Any ideas to what it could be 

2015 xcite 14000 miles 

I use a decent petrol ... never supermarket fuel 

it’s like that when air con is off .. slightly worse when it’s on 

Been checked .. they are ok as well 

I can only afford the supermarket value petrol it's not bad got 490 miles out this weeks tank.

Your car might just need a service. My car feels better after a service. 

Was serviced in march ...

im at a loss as to what happening ...

it just feels flat 

We have had a chage of weather, can you relate it to when the weather changed?

CHECK the air filter, even though serviced in March.

Thanks I'll do that now ...what I am looking for thou ?

A dirty filter, either a lot of dust trapped on the filter, or bits of debri that got in. Its a long shot but worth a look, especially if filter wasn't due for replacement at the last service.

I opened the the bonnet ....

im presuming the filter is under the  black cover thing ...I'm frightened to open it in case I can't get it back on 

it's got silver clips around it ...is that the right thing I should be removing??

you could try running a different brand of petrol in case the formula for the brand you are using

has changed and your car doesn't like it, this happened to me many many years ago when formula

Shell came to the forecourts it had extra detergents in the mix my car hated it and ran awful

Could be that ... I did use a different garage this time ... I filled up as well ...so will have to go have fun in my car to use it up lol 

thanks 🙏 

1 hour ago, Bitch1001 said:

I opened the the bonnet ….im presuming the filter is under the  black cover thing ...I'm frightened to open it in case I can't get it back on it's got silver clips around it ...is that the right thing I should be removing??

That sounds right - if you can unclip them, lift the top off, you may not be able to remove completely as it may have a pipe/s connected. If you lift filter out then remember which way it was to refit. Clips work in reverse to how you unclip them.

Sounds like we all clutching at straws. Could be a partially blocked fuel filter restricting supply of fuel.....but at 14k miles...mmm.... not sure

1 hour ago, kisbell said:

Give it a good thrashing on the motorway. 

Totally agree. Pop some fuel system cleaner in the tank and take it out for a spirited drive. The 1.0 engine is fine being taken up to 6k rpm every now and again. Well, in my case, more often than not :shock:

How often do you do motorway trips? Mine has ticked over 16 k mileage in just over a year (yep long trips to work) and has always felt spirited and ready to go. Mixture of motorway and urban driving.

Virtually never on a motorway 

often do 50 /60 but that’s about as hard as it’s pushed 

Just Put a fuel additive in .. I  used Wynn  Formula Gold Petrol Treatment 500ml £16 

Been for a long drive ..... worked the car hard .... did up to  50 in 2nd gear to get revs high , then into 3 rd 

I'm normally in 4 th at 30 mph .... felt strange ...but the car was responsive and not crying for a gear change 

it's driving a lot better and certainly back to Normal .... 

maybe I need to do this more often and it's just a round the town car mostly 

thanks for all the help everyone.... much appreciated 

• Like 2

It's surprising what a difference under inflated tyres make to handling (not performance). I hadn't checked mine for a while and all four were about about 15% under pressure. Having pumped them up I felt like I was driving a different car!