Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ACEA and ILSAC specification for a 1ZZFE 1.8 vvti engine

Versatile Roller

Hello,

im trying to find the engine oil requirements for my 2006 1.8 vvti Corolla Verso. Cant find it in my manual or on the web. Bit strange.. This is what i found in the manual:

20w50 or 15w40
api SJ or SL

10w30, 5w30 or 5w20
api SJ, SL or ILSAC

ACEA specification is not listed at all and ILSAC is listed but without specifying if it needs gf4 or gf5...

How can i find this info? First service since i bought it i got Eneos Premium Hyper 5w40, but after a talk with my mechanic i decided to switch to 5w30 like toyota reccomends and i found a possible better choice. The Premium Hyper S, which meets toyotas requirements:

http://eneos.eu/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/PREMIUM-HYPER-S-5W30-FULLY-SYNTHETIC-PDS.pdf

But the problem is that this oil is for cars that needs ACEA C2 spec oil and i cant find anywhere if my toyota needs C2 or a newer spec oil??

Would appreciate any info on this :)

For the UK, Toyota don't quote ACEA specs for petrol engines, and ACEA C2/C3 is, as far as I'm aware, for diesel engines with diesel particular filters.

See 

The C is for gasoline and diesel with a catalytic converter

ACEA C2 Stable, stay-in-grade Engine Oil with Mid SAPS-Level, intended for use as catalyst compatible Oil at extended Drain Intervals in Vehicles with all Types of modern Aftertreatment Systems and High Performance Passenger Car & Light Duty Van Gasoline & DI Diesel Engines that are designed to be capable of using Low Viscosity Oils with a minimum HTHS Viscosity of 2.9 mPa*s.

ACEA C3 Stable, stay-in-grade Engine Oil with Mid SAPS-Level, intended for use as catalyst compatible Oil at extended Drain Intervals in Vehicles with all Types of modern Aftertreatment Systems and High Performance Passenger Car & Light Duty Van Gasoline & DI Diesel Engines that are designed to be capable of using Oils with a minimum HTHS Viscosity of 3.5 mPa*s.

I found this eneos premium hyper s that states it's made for japanese cars and has toyota listed, but only ACEA C2 and im not sure if my engine needs C2 or a newer spec like C3... This are the specs of that oil:

Performance Level: API SN/SM/CF, ACEA C2 (10), A1/B1 (10), A5/B5 (10)

High performance fully-synthetic motor oil produced from high quality base oils and top performance additives designed especially for gasoline & diesel engines in passenger cars & light commercial vehicles equipped with the latest exhaust emission control systems, and with or without catalytic converter, for turbo charged and direct injection systems. This oil guarantees excellent fuel efficiency and superb wear & sludge control performance.
Offers stable lubrication and high thermal stability in a broad temperature range. This mid-SAPS oil technology provides excellent engine cleanliness resulting in increased engine performance & protection even under extreme driving conditions and high temperatures. Designed for modern engine technologies from Toyota, Honda and other Japanese, European and American OEMs requiring ACEA C2 standard oils.