Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Owner - Radio Code Query

RJWSuffolk

Hi, having admired the iQ for years have just bought a white 2012 1.0 VVT from a Toyota main dealer. 

I cannot find the Radio Code anywhere in the Service & Warranty book or handbook. 

Should it be there? Or should I go to the service department and ask for it?

Thanks.

I'd give the dealer a shout, although it should be in those documents somewhere unless it's just the default code.

I don;t think that they are coded (other than to a Toyota ECU). My 2007, 2012 & 2017 Avensis have never had one.

Most recent Toyotas don't have a radio code

Thanks for all the responses. My conclusion is that there are no radio codes for the iQ!

As the radio is "embedded" within the car, rather than installed in a standard size slot, I guess the concern about thieves stealing it is no longer valid. So the designers sensibly decided that having a radio code was pointless.

I note that my wife's Audi Q3 doesn't have a code either. Same rationale applies, plus I understand that the car's electrical system can identify the radio's and car's ids, so will spot if there is an unexpected mismatch.

My elderly Boxster's radio unit is within a standard slot, and I have a 4 digit code - which I have needed to input several times in my 19 years of ownership.