Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Acceleration

Chug1

Have traded my 1.5 T Spirit (which I had for a long time and loved) for a 2015 1.8 T Spirit. I am very dismayed by the lack of acceleration. The old car had oodles of power if you put your foot down but the new one seems to have nothing especially in Eco mode. Even in Power mode it is not a patch on the 1.5. Any theories? 

Moved to the Prius club.

I found the same when I got my first Prius, a 2010, 1.8 Gen 3, comparing it to SWMBO's 2006. 1.5 Gen 2. The Gen 2 is more responsive on a light throttle than the Gen 3 initially, but runs out of puff at higher speeds. With the Gen 3 you have to floor the pedal to get the same response, but it will keep pulling up to motorway speeds and higher. If the Gen 3 doesn't pull well when you floor the pedal then there may be a problem. 

What’s the 0-60 time....... 10.6 secs........ nowt much wrong with that. When I pressed the PWR button the car moved as rapid as I needed to, for example, to clear traffic on a M-way.

I don't find acceleration a problem with mine at all, and I often leave it in Eco mode. Flooring it will make the wheels spin fairly easily, and it can get up to motorway speeds quickly enough.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, QuantumFireball said:

I don't find acceleration a problem with mine at all, and I often leave it in Eco mode. Flooring it will make the wheels spin fairly easily, and it can get up to motorway speeds quickly enough.

Same here.  TBH, I've almost never floored it in any of the 4 generations of Prius I've driven, and find the performance more than adequate at all legal speeds.

Owners of early Gen 1 & 2 Prius who were lucky enough to drive them in Germany reported they produced a good shove right up to their limited top speeds of 99 and 106 mph respectively.

On 3rd and 4 Gen which have the different drive modes, I've also chosen ECO almost 100% of the time.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links