Do Not Sell My Personal Information

seeking internet advice

Phillip Humphries

OK so I have a 2017 Auris Excel so the infotainment unit has many toys  - street view, weather, parking , Petrol prices...if only I could access them.  I have paired my phone via bluetooth - looking for server, wired USB tether...looking for server, bluetooth tether...looking for server.  in all cases the phone itself will do any internet task but the car is.....looking for server.

HOw do I make this darned thing work?

Thanks for any insights

Phill

yep tried that as well 😕

What phone have you got, have you checked that it is compatible ?

• Like 1

I have the honor 5 on Android.  Would have thought that should be ok?

Thanks

Thanks but this only relates to the US 😮

3 hours ago, Phillip Humphries said:

yep tried that as well 😕

& tethering is enabled? It's also possible that the Toyota server is having temporary issues - try again another time.

• Like 1

Hmm

If I park right outside the house and have the phone connected to my wifi everything works!  So does it need 4G to make it work on the road?

1 hour ago, Phillip Humphries said:

Hmm

If I park right outside the house and have the phone connected to my wifi everything works!  So does it need 4G to make it work on the road?

Yes, unless the car itself has a SIM card (and I don't think it has), you'll need a "4G" connection. from your phone to the phone masts as you drive past them.

4g as opposed to 3g?

Aye, there's the rub.  It never works on the road even though the phone is happy to do google maps etc.  Was hoping for some quick and simple answer but looks like there may not be one  :-/

2 hours ago, Phillip Humphries said:

Aye, there's the rub.  It never works on the road even though the phone is happy to do google maps etc.  Was hoping for some quick and simple answer but looks like there may not be one  😕

you definitely have bluetooth tethering enabled? tbh streetview, weather, parking & petrol price apps I don't find of much use anyway ...