Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

no dash lights or start on hybrid

n edwards

HI i've recently bought a Yaris hybrid on a 15 plate. Hybrid and push start is unknown to me. The car has been in a crash and has run down the small 12v Battery. Battery has been recharged and powers up everything but the dash and the start system. The electric motor sounds like it's "turning over " when the brake peddle is depressed and the key fob Battery seems to be ok, locks and unocks even at distance. I get a green key light on dash and engine does not start when start button is pressed. Any help is much appreaseated

Make sure your foot is on the brake and press the start button once.  READY should light up on the dash. Don't expect the engine to start. The electric motor you hear is just the pump for the brake system. Gear shift to D, foot off brake and off you go. The engine will start when it needs to and only then.  Starting from a standstill is always on Battery power. If the EV light is on you are running on Battery. The EV light goes out when the engine starts.

That's what SHOULD happen if everything is OK.  If the READY light doesn't come on then the hybrid system hasn't started and I suggest you look at the fault finding section of the driver's manual. 

Good luck.

Forgot to say, make sure the key is physically inside the car when you try to start the system or the immobiliser will prevent it working.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links