Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rattle in the driver's door internals

Mick F

We have a very quiet feint buzzing sort of rattle somewhere inside the driver's door.

Had it quite a while, but I thought it was something in one of the little pockets to the right of the steering wheel, but from experimentation and listening closely, it's coming from inside the door.  I've banged and knocked on the inside surface to see if it would go - even temporarily - but it steadfastly remains.  Now we hear it, it seems louder of course! 😂

This car is the quietist car we've ever owned, so the noise is noticeable even though it's a quiet noise.  In any other car, we wouldn't hear it. Seems like it's near the window control buttons, but I could be mistaken.

Any pointers to what it might be and what I could do to isolate the source?

Thanks,  Mick.

As a first try I'd remove the window button assembly completely. If it disappears then that's the source. If not it might be possible to further locate the noise through the aperture?

Otherwise I would suspect it is door panel removal time. Noises and rattles are sometimes very difficult to pinpoint though, even if it appears the door area is the source.

I'm exactly the same with rattles etc., totally paranoid about them in what is, in spite of some cheap, hard plastics, a well put together interior.🙄

We had this kind of sound in our previous Yaris Hybrid (Excel) and the dealer removed the driver side door card and found that the wiring loom inside the door had not been correctly anchored down. Once this was corrected, buzzing/rattling stopped. Done under warranty.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, CPN said:

We had this kind of sound in our previous Yaris Hybrid (Excel) and the dealer removed the driver side door card and found that the wiring loom inside the door had not been correctly anchored down. Once this was corrected, buzzing/rattling stopped. Done under warranty.

Thanks.

This sounds (sorry for the pun) like we should take it back.  Still under warranty as just had her fourth birthday.

Mick.

On 9/2/2018 at 11:24 AM, mrpj said:

As a first try I'd remove the window button assembly completely.

Any advice about how this is done?  Can't see any screws.

Mick.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links