Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heated seat replacement

spen2811

Hi does anyone know what's involved  in having my heated seats replaced due technical service bulletin  finally  been looked at by my local dealer ,had mentioned back in October  that they were not coming on very often ,then getting them to check them on its last service they then decided too look for the service bulletin  as still not coming on,they have said they need changing/Parts wants ordering.Just waiting for the call to book it in.

Had mine done under warranty, but it doesn't seem to have made much of a difference.

They must be eco seat heaters that cycle normally, just a bit more frequently than when they were broken.

Other cars I've been in they stay on like sitting on a radiator.

They need the car for a day or two, and take the seat apart to replace the cushion heater unit.

Hi thanks for the reply,just waiting for them to contact me, current ones only coming on say 4 times in a 4 hour drive.Did they replace drivers and passengers side.

Yes, I got them to replace both as both were the same problem.

They cycle on and off every few minutes now, keeping you warm rather than hot. Before the fix, they were cool for a long time before cycling on once and then off.

Maybe when the weather gets colder they might feel better, I've only had the chance to use them on cooler mornings over the summer since they were fixed.

Thanks for the replies.how long did it takes for the parts to come in.will it take longer as going through under warranty?

Mine was all done within a couple of weeks.

The parts only took a few days and the dealer handled the warranty claim.

I only had to pay for the optional excess waiver on the loan car.

They had my car for a couple of days, as there is a fair amount of labour involved so they weren't sure they could do both seats in one day.

The fact it is a warranty claim has no bearing on the supply of parts.

They had the car last tuesday for its service and to look at seats eventually got them to check technical service bulletin.said they were ordering parts and will ring to arrange booking it in.

Gave them a ring today parts should ge in for 13 September. 

Did mine last year under warranty. However they did order the wrong parts the first time round. However now works as planned

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Got the heated seats changed on 22 October, all good until Monday 19 November as drivers seat has stopped working,car going back in on the 27 November.