Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Suspension????????

F117

Hello people! I think its time to replace my suspensions .
I have 128k km....
I though it could be nice to upgrade the suspension system instead of just replacing the suspension with the OEM parts.
So i have in my mind two options.

http://kyb-europe.com/products/shock-absorbers/excel-g/ and 

http://eng.ultraracing.me/Ultra-Racing-Shop/Toyota/Toyota-Yaris-XP-130-2WD-1.2-2013/Buy-Rear-Anti-roll-Bar-for-Toyota-Yaris-XP-130-2WD-1.2-2013-Code-AR16-450

OR

https://www.bilstein.com/gr/el/produkt/bilstein-b6/

the cost is the same...but i dont know what to do.... any suggestions are welcome..... i want the car to be more stable...with less slope

Changing the shock absorbers will not alter the 'slope' of the car, it's the springs that hold it up.

Fitting a rear anti-roll bar will probably improve turn-in by reducing understeer - unless suspension theory has changed since my day.

3 hours ago, F117 said:

anybody?

I would analyse the suspension on the GRMN Yaris and, if compatible, use those items.

18 hours ago, bathtub tom said:

Changing the shock absorbers will not alter the 'slope' of the car, it's the springs that hold it up.

Fitting a rear anti-roll bar will probably improve turn-in by reducing understeer - unless suspension theory has changed since my day.

i see what you mean...so what will be the main different if i only replace the shock absorbers?

i also find out Tein Street Basis Coilover Kit (only adjust height) and TEIN Street Advance Coilover Kit (adjust height and hardness)

but the costs rises and i have to think it twice....

15 hours ago, Mike J. said:

I would analyse the suspension on the GRMN Yaris and, if compatible, use those items.

Oh .... you mean from the new yaris...to find out which parts are used and if they are compatible with xp13

9 minutes ago, F117 said:

you mean from the new yaris...to find out which parts are used

The current Yaris dates back to 2011, and has just had facelifts in the intervening years (2014 and 2017), although there have been suspension revisions  in that time.

i understand... as far as i could see on this video 

the GRMN has a lots of bars also under it... i will make a call on my local deal of toyota for the absorebers  and springs ...but i dont think i could have a clear answer....

Hi F117 the first question you need to ask yourself is what your using the car for just day to day road driving or track days or Sprinting like myself and then what you need from your suspension. You need to be careful when choosing the correct kit or the wrong kit can change the car a whole lot and make it awful to drive. I have had many kits and coilovers and each time and with the sprint car setup up professionally making it as I wanted, in hight, stiffness, chamber angles, corner weighting, upper and lower braces, bushes too. 

Thanks a lot for the answers....i will take a look in the japanese site...

The use of the car is for daily driving....but i like to to faster when i foto in my village that got a lot of cornering...nooo track use...never...

I am thinking of TEIN street Z coilovers...only height adjustement...

• Like 1

Hi guys

I am thinking of reviving my neglected Yaris T-Sport from 1999 but I need to cost it all up. Having bought a newish Honda the old Yaris in comparison is so flabby now. For example, and hypothetically if I was to go round Spoon Curve in Japan (a little bit like one of the slip road out of the industrial estate in Basingstoke) the car leans so much at high speed G’s that the oil indicator has known to come on!

I am sure it never used to be that bad did it? So according to all your posts here, all I need to do is replace the springs?...

Will standard T-Sport springs do and what are the typical costs? (everything standard holds its value if it ever becomes a classic (no joke))

If I don't go with the standard. Do harder springs give a harder ride – I don’t really want a harder drive just less lean into high speed corners?

If your indicator comes on at corners, I'd suggest you use the dipstick to check the oil level. I drive mine quite 'enthusiastically' at times and never seen an oil light. Only had that problem a couple of times, once in an Austin Maxi in autotests and another in a formula first  on Silverstone's Stowe circuit.

On 9/19/2018 at 12:04 AM, bathtub tom said:

If your indicator comes on at corners, I'd suggest you use the dipstick to check the oil level. I drive mine quite 'enthusiastically' at times and never seen an oil light. Only had that problem a couple of times, once in an Austin Maxi in autotests and another in a formula first  on Silverstone's Stowe circuit.

Thank you, it looks like the Yaris has started to drink oil again. It did used to drink oil, but it had stopped drinking oil for about 2 years and looks like it has started up again.