Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My New Matrix

hilli

I know it sounds like I'm a madwoman!!!! I've had the car two weeks and it's frying my brain!!!!!!!! HELPPPPPPP! the techie and the manager have test driven it and can't detect anything. So what's to fix?? It is unbearable to drive, my head screams from it. I have turned off all devices and radio.....It is like sitting behind a tv......high pitch, doesn't go away even if I plug my ears. Doesn't happen in any other cars. never! I test drove another one like this but was unable to tell, my head was already screeching at me from driving mine.

Does anyone know of any sensor beams that could cause this?? I am sensitive to beam burgalar alarms in certain stores...same reaction. I need some leads so they can stop whatever it is!!!!

strange condition you got there maam , at a guess i'd say it was the electronic ignition system ,COIL ,PLUGS,DISTRIBUTOR ETC: ,maybe possibly the digital speedo sender but as most modern day cars have this you'll have to remain an X-FILE :lol:

Hi Maleborn! Thanks for the reply!! If all cars these days have these thingys how come I only experience the 'phenomenon' in this one?

Btw, what is a 'digital speedo sender'...is this a real part? hehehe

( where is 10:51 am?? it's only 8:41 in these parts)

Er, somewhere about 2 hours east of you?

How can you hear an inaudible sound? Assuming it is within your hearing range, I'd imagine that there is not a lot you can do unless you mask the sound. Try turning up that radio.

so you actually can hear this sound as would some else or do you have hearing like spiderman or a bat ? im in england dear by the way.

Hi Maleborn! ENGLAND! actually I figured it out after your last post! I searched for a Canadian version and just signed up there too....I'm desperate!

Yes, I hear ( sense) it like my head is ringing off the hook! It is the same as standing behind a television set....a very high pitched whine. I am also one of the minority that can sense burglar alarm beams...( no, I'm not insane) Store owners have told me at least 6 folks a day mention it...

Maybe I'm part dog......

I gather it is like tinnitis, or 'ringing in the ears'.it lasts for 24 hours or more after driving long distances. I only have 1500k on this car! I may not be able to live with it.....boo hoooooo! I really need some leads, the dealership can't figure out what to fix!

Hi Al, somehow I missed you. Sorry. Maybe i am part bat, LOL! Nothing masks the sound/feeling.........it screams......oh woe is me! Maybe I should get a job finding burglar alarms.....

it all seems to point to the ignition system to me , maybe the electrical field of a toyota is higher than that of others car makers . and driving with cotton wool in your ears or ear muffs wont look very appealing will it :lol: