Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Modifications

CJ1

So I've recently bought a 2010 IQ3 and I have been wondering what sort of upgrades it is worth doing to the car, if any at all. I have been thinking about possibly lowering it and a few other subtle changes around the car. Where are the best places to find these sorts of mods, and also if there are any particular suspension kits, coilovers or lowering coils to get. Any other upgrade/modification ideas are greatly appreciated as well.

Many Thanks,

CJ

Hello CJ welcome! I haven’t lowered mine so unfortunately cannot help you on this but I think one of the first mods to do is the dome light mod by the wonderful Tarquin for a small fee of course, in addition to this he fitted two rear lights which makes a world of difference.

https://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/169380-upgraded-upgraded-interior-lights-by-tarquin/

I don’t have any photos of of the lights but more info on this thread.

• Like 1

I too have to recommend the lighting upgrade, it's a must. On mine I've upgraded as follows:

Parrot bluetooth

Toyota Sirion black alloy wheels 

Wind deflectors 

Lower door stripe (ebay) and wrapped black door mirrors via local vehicle wrapper. 

Have thought about lowering so be interested to see other peoples comments.

20180905_163534.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Charles

Have a quick look through my thread here...

My car here..

I have made a few more subtle mods, lowering springs, wheels etc. I haven't updated the thread recently as not much has changed really except a new headlight bulb and new rear brakes as one of the sliding caliper pins seized up causing the pad to wear into a wedge shape.

Craig. 

• Like 1

Hi and welcome to the forum, I have a 2011 iQ3 manual. Check out the link in my signature below to follow my story.

• Like 1

Howzit CJ1

Iv'e had mini lowered by 25mm with H&r springs. Ride is much better in the corners - feels like a go-kart. Need to go over speed bumps slow thought as have had side skirts & front bumper kit added. Upgraded to the Toyota headlight bulbs - slightly brighter and added cold air intake. Mine also has wind deflectors like en8wall69 & had the std Alloy wheels painted black. Also had cat back exhaust. No mods internally. Enjoy your ride. I love my toyota. 

iq_forum_iq_copy.jpg

• 2 months later...
On 9/5/2018 at 4:37 PM, en8wall69 said:

I too have to recommend the lighting upgrade, it's a must. On mine I've upgraded as follows:

Parrot Bluetooth

Toyota Sirion black alloy wheels 

Wind deflectors 

Lower door stripe (ebay) and wrapped black door mirrors via local vehicle wrapper. 

Have thought about lowering so be interested to see other peoples comments.

20180905_163534.jpg

Where did you get the interior lighting done? Notice when its dark cannot see at all in the car, especially in the boot. Silly to have a torch attached to the ceiling like that really.

There is a guy on here called David who did it, came to my house, now got improved bulb in front and lighting in rear. Makes a huge difference.  Can't remember his ID on here, might be soelely.  Does anyone else know?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links