Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hybrid Recall

Steve Whits

Is the latest recall just related to the Prius and CH-R or any hybrid built between 2015-2018?

I have read a couple of newspaper articles but would like to know for certain.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/cars/article-6133317/Toyota-plans-recall-1-mln-hybrid-models-wiring-issue.html

The issue affects vehicles produced in Japan between June 2015 and May 2018 & your Auris is UK built & the Yaris France.

Anyone knows if the Rav4 Hybrid is affected? Mine is certainly built in Japan.

One can use Toyota's recall checker to check for outstanding recalls or voluntary service campaigns - https://forms.toyota.co.uk/recall-checker?_ga=2.85806681.1140651355.1536229608-139765856.1522695453

Bear in mind that it often takes a few days for recalls featured in the media to appear on either the DVSA or Toyota recall checker, so this particular recall may not be showing as yet.

The fix for this particular issue seems to be an insulating sleeve being attached to the cable in question.

The Rav4 hybrid uses a different drivetrain to the Prius/C-HR.

I'd read this only affects Gen 4 Prius and Hybrid version of C-HR, manufactured from the time in 2015 when production of the Prius Gen 4 started.  C-HR started a bit later, but has more or less the same Hybrid system as the Gen 4 Prius, so it's not unreasonable both are affected.

I used the recall checker a couple of days ago and it said there was nothing outstanding for my 2016 Prius, but I tried it again just now and got this:

Recall Checker

Confirmation

We have identified that your Toyota is subject to a voluntary customer service campaign or outstanding safety recall.

So I'll wait to hear from my dealer.

Prius and CH-R only, nothing to suggest any other models at the moment, always use the recall checker to check it out 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links