Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis pictures

FROSTYBALLS

2 hours ago, SB1500 said:

I think Audi's are the most overrated / disappointing of the 'fancy German' brands.

My Bro' had a 1999 A6 2.4litre petrol, a lovely car, but a chip fried and it became an enormous brick, a shame. He replaced it with a 3l diesel automatic, the drive train is beautiful, but it's an S-line with the big rims and the low profile tyres. It's what my wife calls "Tape cul", i.e, it shakes you teeth out over bumps.

I know someone else who had a 90s A6 and that too was a lovely car. I had a late 80s Audi 80 that was a sweet car, it would give me 45 mpg (IIRC), or more, on US gallons.

3 hours ago, Stopeter44 said:

My Bro' had a 1999 A6 2.4litre petrol, a lovely car, but a chip fried and it became an enormous brick, a shame. He replaced it with a 3l diesel automatic, the drive train is beautiful, but it's an S-line with the big rims and the low profile tyres. It's what my wife calls "Tape cul", i.e, it shakes you teeth out over bumps.

I know someone else who had a 90s A6 and that too was a lovely car. I had a late 80s Audi 80 that was a sweet car, it would give me 45 mpg (IIRC), or more, on US gallons.

I'm sure they were a lot more 'special' in a much bigger way prior to the VW takeover. 

My uncle was telling me back in the 70s / 80s when they were young, the only people driving Mercedes' and BMWs and Audi's really were the well off people. Not just anybody like today. Some of my friends had old beat out Audi's and BMWs as their second cars - anyone can buy one now at most price points used if you're willing to compromise. It's a shame because they feel run of the mill now, models like the 1 Series / A3/4/5 and A-Class trying to appeal to a budget focussed segment. Look at Lexus... look at Ferrari / Maserati - those brands don't exactly cater for all segments, when they say luxury or premium, they're willing to miss out on some segments to live up to it 

Personally I'd see Mercedes as being their best offering. Next with BMW (mostly for its engines - the big ones only) and then, Audi on the same level as VW etc, more just premium trims of their equivalent VW models imo

3 minutes ago, SB1500 said:

My uncle was telling me back in the 70s / 80s when they were young, the only people driving Mercedes' and BMWs and Audi's really were the well off people.

I was pretending to be well off, I misspent so much money on cars that when I look back I wince. For example in 1985, although I was considering a 3 series BM at the time, I decided I had more car for money with Toyota. I bought a new Supra, today that's roughly a 50k€ car, I wouldn't dream of doing that now. I winced when the salesmen asked me if I wanted the price of a top spec Yaris Cross at 30k€+.

• Like 1

I've only ever had a Fiesta and then a line of Yarisesisues... :laugh: 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cyker said:

I've only ever had a Fiesta and then a line of Yarisesisues... :laugh: 

I bet you also had a lot more money to spend on other (maybe better things) in each state of life 🙂 

7 hours ago, Stopeter44 said:

I was pretending to be well off, I misspent so much money on cars that when I look back I wince. For example in 1985, although I was considering a 3 series BM at the time, I decided I had more car for money with Toyota. I bought a new Supra, today that's roughly a 50k€ car, I wouldn't dream of doing that now. I winced when the salesmen asked me if I wanted the price of a top spec Yaris Cross at 30k€+.

I’ve misspent on going from my 17 Panda to 17 DS3 to 18 Avensis! But if I pack it in now for a decade .. I migggght be okay! Lol 

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

My 2011 Avensis 🙂
Custom homemade front mesh grill and added subwoofer, DSP and an amplifier 🙂

Avensis.png

bass.png

IMG_20210627_202003.jpg

IMG_20210627_202010.jpg

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Vang1 said:

My 2011 Avensis 🙂

Avensis.png

bass.png

IMG_20210627_202003.jpg

IMG_20210627_202010.jpg

Moscone. Nuff said. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Vang1 said:

My 2011 Avensis 🙂

Avensis.png

bass.png

IMG_20210627_202003.jpg

IMG_20210627_202010.jpg

class looking job looks well what you buy is it a 2.0 d4d 1adftv engine 

On 3/4/2022 at 8:34 PM, 2009joe said:

class looking job looks well what you buy is it a 2.0 d4d 1adftv engine 

2,0 D-4D DPF 126hk

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

My first car , keeping it till the end. Just ordered Michelin CrossClimate 2.

IMG_20210901_184603.jpg

IMG_20220114_113216.jpg

VID_20210901_184945_exported_14131 (1).jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/14/2022 at 5:28 PM, SB1500 said:

My uncle was telling me back in the 70s / 80s when they were young, the only people driving Mercedes' and BMWs and Audi's really were the well off people. Not just anybody like today.

Yep, a lot of people can afford to buy a Mercedes, BMW or Audi these days, but running one is a whole other matter. Parts and repairs can be staggering.

• Like 4

On 1/15/2023 at 11:48 PM, Jim-p said:

Yep, a lot of people can afford to buy a Mercedes, BMW or Audi these days, but running one is a whole other matter. Parts and repairs can be staggering.

That seems true. I know they drop in value in the first few years, but regardless, a £100,000 S-Class worth £33,000 in a few years, is still considered a £100k car to the Mercedes parts department when they quote you for brakes or a brake job! 

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links