Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo lights

Whippymotor

Hello,

I wonder if you can help me. 

I have a 2015 plate Aygo with the new LED lights.  However the side lights have both stopped working, they are very faint.  I noticed and popped it into Halfords for a quick (can you replace the bulbs I dont want oil all over me) change and they don't do these.  Now on a closer inspection I can't work out what I need to do to replace or test these, the immediate response was take it to the dealer.

Any help with this is appreciated as to why the side lights come on but faint.

Dave

With lights off, the daylight running lights are on, and are very bright, when you switch to sidelights, the daylight running lights go off, and the long strip in the headlight illuminates, but only faintly as it is equivalent to 5w, like an old fashioned side light bulb. That is how it should work, is that correct on your car? If you want those strips to be brighter, they won't, that is how they are

Kingo :thumbsup:  

Oh heck.  Now I feel dull 😄

Yeah, you basically translated what I struggled to say. 

I thought they were not working as the early mornings start to creep.  When I am turning them on in the day time (just to check lights over as everyone does urm now and again)  I noticed they come on but very faint.  Which as you say is what they should be doing which to me made me think I was having problems (as in being a dullard for not thinking LED uses less power etc.)

Cheers for the speedy come back on it all.  It is due for a MOT and Service so was giving it a once over before.

Dave