Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Transmission fluid

NeilAndo71

Just now, NeilAndo71 said:

The problem is only going into 2nd gear. Everything else is fine. Could that still be the clutch cable?

Don't know, but at least get the free play of the cable checked to eliminate that from your problem.

Do it get better with yours if the car is hot, because thats how mine is?

• 2 weeks later...

I've had something similar with my 107 since I bought it really in 2010. It can be very hard to get it in to 1st gear sometimes when it's cold, and it's something that has gotten worse really. But I find that, if this happens, I put the car in neutral, come off the clutch, shake the stick, push the clutch all the way down, and 100% of the time it'll slip right in.

It's worth remembering that the gearboxes in these cars are sealed for life units, which meant that the oil would never need changing. Total rubbish, so when the car's done about 80,000 miles it's worth changing the oil anyway. Mine's due for this in May.

• 1 year later...

Hello, did you solved the issue?

I have the same problem on aygo 2013. Second gear is difficult to put in. sometimes first gear too.