Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replace Washer Jets

PhillipB

Hi

Hope you can help.

I have an Avensis Excel 2013 and the drivers side washer jet is only ejecting water to the left. I would like to change the washer jet but am unsure how

to remove it. Any advise on how the washer jet can be removed would be appreciated. 

Also any idea where I might purchase the part at a reasonable price?

Kind regards,

Phil

Sounds to me like one of the nozzles are clogged. Have you tried poking a thin needle into the nozzle?

Jets just direct water that pump pushes, so they can't really get broken, it's probably clogged as suggested above. 

If you really want to replace it, it should just pop out. You can also try removing the plastic hose that goes to the washer, and use some compressed air, or something similar to try to blow it through.

On 9/10/2018 at 9:02 PM, PhillipB said:

Also any idea where I might purchase the part at a reasonable price?

iirc there are 3 different part nos depending upon what angle of spray is required (with the  new fan-spray jets you can't adjust with a pin like you could the old single jet type).

Once you know what part no. Google online suppliers & try Parts-King on here but it may just be that the cost of postage makes it dearer than buying from your local Mr T if it is convenient.

If it is anything like the ones on the Auris then a child's paintbrush (very small with stiff nylon bristles)  repeated poked into the slot and twirled around will clear it. You need to be determined. I suspect limescale buildup is a big cause of the problem rather than just clogging with debris.

These preformed jets have been the single continuing ongoing issue on my Auris and they seem to need this treatment every few months.

To prevent blockages, I have always used premixed washer fluid. I check the washer fluid level every so often and top up. I keep spare containers of the washer fluid and avoid using tap water. Use distilled water if possible if needed to dilute washer fluid.

I have not had a blockage for a long time, nor need to adjust the jets. 

I use either screenwash concentrate, which I dilute myself, or pre-mixed, and have not had any issues as regards blocking. Then again we live in an area where our water company classify the water as 'soft'.

As far as I'm aware Kent, where the OP resides, is a hard water area, so using pre-mixed screenwash may prevent blockages.

Just out of curiosity, would the jets from T27 fit on the T25 without any hassle? I've driven my ol' man's RAV4 with the fan spray type jets and IMO they work better.

Did some research, T27 nozzles are different from T25. However, I found a video of someone who had put Sienna nozzles on his T25. AFAIK, the HiLux nozzles are quite similar, yet easier to get here in Europe. I'll buy some at the dealer and report back on how it worked out.

Hi Folks 

Many thanks for all your comments and advice.

Yes you were quite correct the washer jets are relatively easy to get of. I used a flat blade screwdriver and prised it off.

I was unable to clear the washer so bought a new one from my local Toyota dealer, Jemca. It was a bit expensive considering it is a small piece of plastic.

It cost me £15.92 but I guess it was not too far off the mark if I had bought it off the Internet when postage and packaging is added.

For information the part number is 85381-20280

Out of interest the guy at Jemca advised that in 90% of case where one washer jet is working then the culprit is usually the valve that feeds both jets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1