Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Electric Window Failure

Andy Kay

My eight-year-old iQ3 has finally developed a fault -- the passenger-side electric window won't open using either the passenger-side door switch or drivers-side door switch. I guess I should check the fuse box first, but never having had a fault before, I wouldn't know where it is. I looked in the engine compartment and I don't see anything that resembles a fuse box. Your assistance would be much appreciated.

Wow that was quick! I wouldn't know what the child lock button looks like (no children you see). I played around with a few of those buttons but to no avail -- two buttons one with a closed lock and one with an open lock -- they seem to be to do with the central locking.

It's the closed lock button. I've done it once and panicked why it wouldn't open..

• Like 1

ubik yeah... I've just been out to check and it's just above those two that I played with. Now working. THANK YOU en8wall69! And so quick!

1 minute ago, Andy Kay said:

ubik yeah... I've just been out to check and it's just above those two that I played with. Now working. THANK YOU en8wall69! And so quick!

I think my swear word got auto-edited out lol!

• 3 months later...
On 9/11/2018 at 7:08 PM, en8wall69 said:

Have you pressed the child lock button  located on drivers side controls?

Where it location (child lock) 😓😐