Do Not Sell My Personal Information

windscreen seal

John Chandler

Hi. I have a 2003 Rav4. I have recently noticed a piece of windscreen seal is missing leaving a gap of about 4 inches at the bottom just above the Battery compartment. Looking at the drivers side it looks like a special seal about 4 inches a bit like a shark fin. Does anyone know what this part is called and if its possible to get. I'm tempted to just put some silicone sealant in the gap but if I can get the part I'd rather do it properly. Any advice would be appreciated.

Welcome to Toyota Owners Club - moved to the Rav4 club.

I can't help you on a part number but this has been covered before on here as it is quite common. I believe there was a thread about cleaning the screen and what to seal the seal with. In your case however your seal has gone awol. In my case both sides are loose and I just keep putting them back in place for now.

• Like 1

Thanks for your response. I've had to remove the Battery cover a couple of times recently and I've probably dislodged it and it's gone.

I checked the Parts List and it looks like it is not supplied as a spare.  Your best bet would be a car breaker.

I had a short gap between my "sharks fins" and the main seal, which a filled with Sugru mouldable glue.  It's not cheap, but the result is really good.  Available from Amazon.

If you are talking about the rubber strips along the L&R side of the windscreen, they are one piece and when they age, they split and look like separate pieces. You can use glue & sealant.

On both sides, mine have separated in the same place, and at right angles - it certainly looks like they were made that way.