Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Touch & Go 2 Directions setting

Brian Austin

Is there a setting for the route on the above, as it seems to have a mind of it's own and takes routes that I would not use. The three options that come up Fast Route, Ecological Route or Shortest route there seems little to choose between them

Are you sure that you have Touch 2 with Go on a 2013 Auris & not Touch & Go? Also, how current is your system software/mapping?

In any event as you state you have the 3 choices - depending where you are & where you want to go there may be no difference or there can be substantial differences between routes but even then the systems algorithms often doesn't seem to factor in things that a human with local knowledge would e.g. I avoid using certain roads because of sleeping policeman but the system would direct me down those roads.

You can also adjust things like whether or not it will use toll roads etc.

I did download the latest free map upgrade in Feb/ March time. Did not want to fork out the £109 for the other upgrade, as I have a Garmin that has the latest upgrades in it

If you really do have a 2013 as per your profile you shouldn't have got a free update/upgrade in 2018 (unless one that still dates from 2013/14)? 🤔 What system software & mapping versions does the system say it is running?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2018 at 8:29 PM, Heidfirst said:

If you really do have a 2013 as per your profile you shouldn't have got a free update/upgrade in 2018 (unless one that still dates from 2013/14)? 🤔 What system software & mapping versions does the system say it is running?

Software version is  2.11.511 & Map I.D is EUH20150216

it will be 2.11.5 H or  depending upon whether you have the High or Low system. If you have the High system it came with 3 years of free Mapcare so >2016.

EUH20150216 was released in the UK in late May/early June 2015.

21 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

it will be 2.11.5 H or  depending upon whether you have the High or Low system. If you have the High system it came with 3 years of free Mapcare so >2016.

EUH20150216 was released in the UK in late May/early June 2015.

It is 2.11.5H, I mis read the H for 11. So where does that leave me in regards to the £109 download?

If you want the latest mapping then you will have to pay for it. However, there should be the Autumn update due probably within ~1 month so imo worth waiting for if you are only buying 1 map.

If you think that you will keep the car that long then, again imo, the 3 year maps & connected services for £199 is a far better deal.

• 4 weeks later...

Had the MOT and yearly service done by the Toyota dealer, where  they agreed to fit a new drivers door inner handle and update the sat Nav. They forgot to fit the door handle and had not got the key for the update. Went back today, waited 3 hours, where the door handle was replaced, but they managed to corrupt the sat nav. Not pleased  about this as it worked on the way their, but came out  with just the CD player working😒😶😶

Phoned Toyota Customer services, within  10 minutes the dealer was on the phone to say a new sat nav would be with the dealer overnight and can be fitted tomorrow. But why do we hqve to go through all the aggro.

Sorry to hear about your problems but you have to hand it to Toyota GB's CS as that isn't a cheap part. VW etc. probably would have left you hanging to slug it out with your dealer for liability/fix.

15 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

Sorry to hear about your problems but you have to hand it to Toyota GB's CS as that isn't a cheap part. VW etc. probably would have left you hanging to slug it out with your dealer for liability/fix.

Absolutely, Toyota C S is first class,just a shame that Stephen Eagell  who have a monopoly in my region does not match them. Not the first time I have had a problem with them, but Toyota CS has got it sorted out very speedily. But  I should not have to resort to these actions and to rub salt into the wound the salesman did not want to know, once he had sold the vehicle, which as I was a sales rep in my past work,I always tried to sort out problems so as tog get repeat business..  

9 hours ago, Brian Austin said:

to rub salt into the wound the salesman did not want to know, once he had sold the vehicle, which as I was a sales rep in my past work,I always tried to sort out problems so as tog get repeat business..  

the sad truth these days is that the chance that your salesman will still be there come your next purchase is pretty small. Once I have bought a car I pretty much always try to do anything else via service dept. - you have a far better chance of building up a relationship with staff.

• 2 weeks later...

As a matter of interest the software version is 2.13.5WL,on the latest version fitted. Still not that impressed with the system over the old Garmin that I still have. Took me 7 hours to cover the 200 miles from Somerset back to S E Essex. This did include a 1.5 hour hold up trying to get across the Dartford Crossing!!! It does come up with a visual warning to calculate an alternative route due to congestion, but does not appear to give an audible warning at the same time, or have I missed something?

Tbh I can't remember as it's over a year since I had a car with Touch with Go (which iirc was replaced by Touch 2 in vehicle models from 2014 on).

2.13.5WL dates back to Autumn 2016.  2.17.0WL came out in the Spring of 2018 & as there was a release last week of the Autumn 2018 maps for Touch 2 with Go a new release for Touch & Go may be out or imminent.

• 3 months later...

Had a problem the other day, when I was going on a journey to a set address. Started up and the sat nav map did not come on no matter what I did. Was in a hurry, so loaded the old Garmin to use. Strange thing was the speed warnings were working but no map guidance showed up. On the return journey it decided to work again, so had two for the journey home.

So was there something that I missed? I tried all the various buttons, Car , media etc but it would not work on the initial journey

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links