Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Brake light switch My abs trc and vac lights are on...

Nigelw1982

My abs trc and vac lights are on... Plugged in my diagnostic reader said open circuit brake light switch... Replaced the brake light switch and this has not corrected the fault as comes in when deleted... Any ideas as this has knocked out my cruise control aswell

Tia

Nigel

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Did find the centre brake light was out and yes I have fitted led bulbs to the side and brake lights

Thanks will give that a try

Had the same problem on my 2006 avensis traced the fault to a bad connection on the anti skid ecu, sits just above the ABS pump on my model.

Removed both multi pin plugs and sprayed with contact cleaner, and pushed the plugs on and off several times to make good contact.

Fixed the problem

Replaced my led bulbs on my car with standard filament bulbs and as soon as I switched on ignition problem went away and has stayed away with everything working as it should

Thanks

Just as an aside, you can get load resistors that you wire in parallel that will allow you to mimic the load of a filament bulb while still using the LEDs. Ian

Thank you where can I get these resistors

Nigel

They are on eBay, just search for brake light load resistor, you'll find a range. The standard brake light is 21w so something around that value should work. It simply tricks the ECU into sending that there is a 21w bulb there. The led itself has a very small wattage.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links