Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel Consumption

robert

I have had a Corolla T-Sport (5 Door Thunder Grey) now for 3 weeks, and have put 1500+ miles on the clock (company car), after mixed running its showing 28ish to the gallon (it improved after 1000 miles) what do you guys get? Had a Tspirit D-4D before (109bhp), i averaged 45mpg average in that, also a great car with masses of torque, and its engine is very underrated. The main thing i remember about first getting my ts was the uncontrollable grin on may face as it hit 6500 and went mad until 8000, i just couldnt stop laughing. They are a much more comfortable car for day to day use than a Civic R which i also tried for a short period, and dont have that 'nick me', 'tarts handbag' appearance written all over them.Another point i should mention, when i was 18 i bought a corolla RWD coupe (4-AGE engine), which had had 1 owner and 40,000 miles on the clock, 5 years later with 160000 on it i had to sell, the only things that car needed was 1 exhaust, 1 clutch and numerous tyres, and believe me, at 18 i drove it pretty hard.Long live the Corolla!

hi guys,,

best i've had was around 36ish on a long run, which i think is quite good as most of it was m/way 80+, my normal trips to and from work 12 miles each way are on some nice b roads, so i get very low 20's worst ever was 18 mph and almost a tank full used, but it was fun driving that way lol

:ph34r:

Your not driving it hard enough ??? :P :D :lol:

I was getting around 17 for a while.... decided that I should not hit lift 6 times during my city ride back home (2 mile ride in the city) ;-)

I drive mostly in the city... with one stretch of the road (half mile) where i can hit 90-100 mph, so hence the mileage...

but if i ever drive outside the city, mpg goes up to 28... of course, still going fast ;-)

I swear ive been driving my ts and actualy seen the petrol needle falling. My best is ive managed to "loose" 1/4 of a tank in bout 20 miles... lucky my mum pays fuel :)

I still fing it shocking how fast it climbes above 80 in 4th after working through the gears (my old car was a A-reg golf 1.8 gti and was much slower). Today i was following my girlfriend and this C*ck in a BMW was up my ***** so droped it down and lost him... when i looked down i had almost hit 100...

Has anyone noticed how fast the needle on the fuel gauge drops when you have ¼ of a tank left?

It seems to last for ages above the ¼ mark then suddenly drops right down to "R".

I have the full sat nav in my car so I dont know exactly what mpg I get out of my T-Sport

Maybe its just my driving :D

• 6 years later...

Digged out this old post, with my 55reg 1.4 T3, when i drive really carefully <60mph, with most of motorway miles, i get about 38MPG, Toyota suggested 42MPG, when i am driving not so careful, 80+mph, AirCon, Phone Charging blah blah, i get 38MPG, so i guess there is not much better i can do :P

The best my car has done was about a 400miles trip there n back at 45mpg I recently did Wales n back on 37 mpg and now driving it hard n in town about 31 on avaerage. They aren't to bad but I'm still doin 1.5 tanks a week pricey lol

Has anyone noticed how fast the needle on the fuel gauge drops when you have ¼ of a tank left?

It seems to last for ages above the ¼ mark then suddenly drops right down to "R".

I have the full sat nav in my car so I dont know exactly what mpg I get out of my T-Sport

Maybe its just my driving :D

Yes ive noticed it too.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links