Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris GR Sport to be unveiled at Paris Motor Show

FROSTYBALLS

See http://blog.toyota.co.uk/yaris-gr-sport-paris-motor-show

All I can say is about time and yes yes yes! I don't know why I like my Yaris's so much but I do even though I have have had a lot faster cars of all makes but the Yaris/corolla's I've had in the Toyota Sprint Series have just blown me away of what they are really capable off 👍 

This is good news for people who want to 'upgrade' their suspension to a safe and well designed system. It may also be good news if Toyota are looking to further the Yaris sportiness. I am holding out for a hybrid Yaris that can do 0-30mph in 3 seconds (it does it in 4 at the moment). In my naivety, all they have to do is upgrade the Battery, HV cables and the inverters - something that could be available as a retrofit upgrade :wacko:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mike J. said:

This is good news for people who want to 'upgrade' their suspension to a safe and well designed system. It may also be good news if Toyota are looking to further the Yaris sportiness. I am holding out for a hybrid Yaris that can do 0-30mph in 3 seconds (it does it in 4 at the moment). In my naivety, all they have to do is upgrade the battery, HV cables and the inverters - something that could be available as a retrofit upgrade :wacko:

I raced with a guy who used the 1.5 Hybrid back in 2015 and he had upgraded his suspension wheels and tyres only and he was setting some really good times on the sprint course even I was struggling to catch him plus he was out timing bigger faster cars plus he is a good driver!  He has now bought a GRMN Yaris lucky man 😀 It showes there is massive potential there ready to go.

Oh yes! That's what I've been waiting for! At last! Dare I say "sports hybrid"? [emoji16]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

In theory, the existing Yaris Hybrid could be configured to have better acceleration by upgrading the software. I would imagine the eco button would be programmed with a third configuration - sports! The use of such would be limited by Battery and inverter temperature but would give maximum as long as is 'safe'. I am surprised that there isn't a Toyota 'skunk works' hybrid around somewhere with such software.

• Like 2

The only thing I've ever come across with Hybrid system turned up was when Toyota did the Yaris Hybrid R concept back in 2013. In America I have seen the new 1.5 petrol engine tuned up to 150bhp for some years but it's never court here. 

19 minutes ago, Ant182 said:

The only thing I've ever come across with Hybrid system turned up was when Toyota did the Yaris Hybrid R concept back in 2013. In America I have seen the new 1.5 petrol engine tuned up to 150bhp for some years but it's never court here. 

That is completely the opposite of what I want and is the way the new 2litre hybrids (Corolla) are going. IMO, higher top speeds are redundant, but high acceleration is the way to go and electric motors do this best. The electric side should be boosted in our cars.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mike J. said:

That is completely the opposite of what I want and is the way the new 2litre hybrids (Corolla) are going. IMO, higher top speeds are redundant, but high acceleration is the way to go and electric motors do this best. The electric side should be boosted in our cars.

I agree with you I would want it that way as It would help my Sprinting, quick off the mark and in and out of corners 👍 They have the tech and engineering people it just needs to be put into action. Don't need mega power to have fun just a good bit of fizz but I couldn't do without a nice exhaust note though.  Let's see what the future brings and until then I'll keep building my own. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links