Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heavy Duty Car/Boot Mats Suggestions

Starmans

My Prius is primarily a work vehicle and does on occasion involve going off road and along unmade tracks to access our sites this means that sometimes I am in rather wet and muddy places. I've managed since December last year but now winter is not far away I need to invest in some heavy duty mats.

Would anyone have any suggestions? I'm mainly after front mats, and possible boot liner.

Ultimately the Toyota oem accessories are probably the best but may not necessarily represent the best value.

I had the Toyota boot liner in my Gen 3 Prius, costing £54 (I think my dealer discounted slightly).

It was very high quality, quite grippy, and fairly thick, made it a bit more tricky getting to the under floor storage, but at the Gen 4 doesn't have that I guess less of a problem.  I haven't bothered this time though.

One thing to watch, I remember when specing my Gen 4 mention of a mat for high or low boot floor (presumably depending whether you have spare wheel or gunge), so looks like you need to specify the right one if you go for Toyota's.

Their mats are good too, but if you want protection for mud etc probably better to go for rubber than the velour I've always had.

Toyota mats obviously work properly with the driver's mat anchorages to stop them fouling the accelerator - maybe some 3rd party ones do if they're made for the specific model.

re what Pete B sys about driver door mat and anchorage points. Of the 2 front seats only the driver has anchorage points, and if you have a driver carpet then it come under MOT scrutiny.

The wifes 2010 Auris went for its MOT and the tester moved the driver side "loose" carpet into the boot, alternative is a MOT failure. So if buying non Toyota just make sure the drivers side has anchorage point holes, or make holes yourself and tie the carpet to the car support so they don't move about under drivers feet and possibly fouling.

I will take a phot later this afternoon of the rubber carpets I got specifically made for my Gen4 (and Gen3 previously) and post them up.

Here is a link to where I purchased fitted rubber mats for my Prius Gen3 (£20), then for my Gen4 (£25) and the wifes 2010 Auris (£20.  The difference being in price I can pnly put down to the fact the Gen4 has a double thickness stitched in where the driver heel goes.  The backing is non-slip. and I think I read the thickness as 3mm (1/8th inch.  P1010822.JPG.453cb962d68184ec7b239c07a5fc5f7a.JPGP1010821.JPG.bca25e10dec86ca0d2dbe2714de185de.JPG

These were 3 piece sets, driver, passenger, and one piece rear. They are a very snug fit, obviously tailored for the car. Prices included p&p. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Prius-3-x-Piece-2016-2018-Fully-Tailored-RUBBER-Car-Mats-in-Black/253503444344?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Here are a couple photos of the set in my Prius Gen4. 

• Like 1

On 9/15/2018 at 1:32 PM, Catlover said:

Here is a link to where I purchased fitted rubber mats for my Prius Gen3 (£20), then for my Gen4 (£25) and the wifes 2010 Auris (£20.  The difference being in price I can pnly put down to the fact the Gen4 has a double thickness stitched in where the driver heel goes.  The backing is non-slip. and I think I read the thickness as 3mm (1/8th inch.  P1010822.JPG.453cb962d68184ec7b239c07a5fc5f7a.JPGP1010821.JPG.bca25e10dec86ca0d2dbe2714de185de.JPG

These were 3 piece sets, driver, passenger, and one piece rear. They are a very snug fit, obviously tailored for the car. Prices included p&p. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Prius-3-x-Piece-2016-2018-Fully-Tailored-RUBBER-Car-Mats-in-Black/253503444344?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Here are a couple photos of the set in my Prius Gen4. 

Nice!