Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auto Transmission Fluid

Makiwa

Hi.

I have a 2001 Toyota Avensis 1.8vvt-i Automatic and want to drain the ATF Sump, (not the whole Transmission) change the Filter and Refill with Fuch ATF4400.

What I am wanting to know is the quantity I will require and the Filter P/N: please?

I'm guessing it should be about 2 - 3 litres...???

This is the actual car:

DSC_0092.jpg

DSC_0090.jpg

DSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0103.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Bill.

• Like 1

Assuming you have the A246E auto trans then apparently 3.1 litres is what it takes [emoji4][emoji4]

Beautiful car by the way, she looks stunning [emoji6][emoji6]

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Thanks "FastBob", much appreciated. And yes, it is quite a rare and well kept specimen! Whoever had it before me certainly looked after it! I did have one before for nearly 15 years and that went was the Indicator Stalk! Sadly one day it just gave up and it would have proved uneconomical to repair. :confused: It was a 1998 (S). See below in its prime!

7cc02549.jpg~original

As to the Transmission Type, not a clue I'm afraid. All I know is that it is a 1.8vvt-i Engine and the car is a 2001 (Y).

I got the ATF Spec off Opie Oils, Fuchs ATF4400 being one of the choices and seeing as I have used Fuchs (ATF4134 ) in my CLK320 and it did the job, I chose that. I suppose it will be best to get the Filter from Toyota, unless someone can give me a pointer as to where else to get one... :biggrin:

Anyway, thanks again.

Regards, Bill.

• Like 1

For this job you definitely want an original part. I've heard stories about people having issues from using "OEM quality" filters. Part number is 35330-12030. It might be a filter or a strainer. You also need the gasket for it, with part number 35339-12020.

Thanks "FastBob", much appreciated. And yes, it is quite a rare and well kept specimen! Whoever had it before me certainly looked after it! I did have one before for nearly 15 years and that went was the Indicator Stalk! Sadly one day it just gave up and it would have proved uneconomical to repair. :confused: It was a 1998 (S). See below in its prime!

Wow, you're original S reg is also an impressive looking car aswell,I thought mine was well looked after and looked good until I saw both of yours😔😔

As for automatic transmission fluid I really can't comment because I've owned one auto out of all the cars I've had and that was a tatty old Nissan 200SX which I bought purely for the wheels to put on another car, which didn't fit in the end. The idea being Nissan Sunny and Vauxhall Cavalier wheels are interchangeable so naturally the 17s on the 200SX are bound to fit my Cav but it didn't work out that way lol

Thank you once again! Genuinely too kind.....  :clapping: But I had just finished cleaning and polishing it....

It is parked on the street because taking up the drive are my Celica (Gen 6) ST202 and MkII MR2. Both Autos and Jap Imports. (The MR2 just visible under a cover in the other photo)...

25042009389a.jpg