Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Aygo/C1/108 luggage cover differences

FROSTYBALLS

Don't know whether anyone has noticed the different luggage cover arrangements between the second generation Aygo and the C1/108.

On the Aygo, the fabric luggage cover is attached to the sides of the interior and the rear edge lifts when the tailgate opens

On the C1/108 the luggage cover is attached to the tailgate, and when the tailgate is opened, the cover lifts entirely with the tailgate and covers the rear window:

image.jpeg.b5bddde648a5c43235a0efe60d25d610.jpegImage result for TOYOTA AYGO BOOT OPENING

Just out of curiosity, which would owners prefer.

I have a 2016 Aygo but I prefer the C1/108 option you mentioned (I was not aware of this difference). I usually have trouble storing long/tall items in the trunk and the cover is usually bothering me or comes off.

Plus the thin fabric is useless for anything other than hiding the content of the trunk. If I am not mistaken, the C1/108 have a thicker one which can actually hold some weight... 

8 hours ago, Pytheas said:

Plus the thin fabric is useless for anything other than hiding the content of the trunk. If I am not mistaken, the C1/108 have a thicker one which can actually hold some weight... 

that's all it is designed for - unrestrained items flying forward in an accident are not good news.

Mind you, looking at the picture above it doesn't look like there will be much room on the C1/108's cover to put stuff/it will all get tipped when you open the boot.

My sister has a 108 and the fabric luggage cover is neat design, but useless for storage, so agree only really for hiding boot contents. The plastic clips holding it on look flimsy so liable to break, so glad they designed it like they did cos wouldn't want take it off too often. 

My favorite cover is the moulded one on the first generation of Aygo/C1/107 😃

It was far better and not much heavier.

I know it is bad but sometimes I store objects on the cover, for example winter clothes. On the new Aygo, it is hard because any weight distorts it. And on the new C1/108, it will be impossible.

On 9/16/2018 at 1:13 PM, Wiz201 said:

I stopped using mine as it kept coming off

Ditto. Mine is stored in the garage.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Im looking for a 2009 parcel shelf , wheres the best place to get on ?