Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Vibration @2000 rpm

gw0lgn

Hi

I have just bought a 2012 Diesel Yaris that has done 42000 miles and I'm really pleased with it apart from a strange vibration going through 2000 RPM, more so when under load and in 4th gear or higher. This is my first Toyota and I'm not sure if this is normal for a yaris but the vibration is pretty noticeable. Apart from this I love the car, not a mark on it and perfect for what I need. Just wondering if anyone has an idea of what it could be or if it is anything to be concerned about.

Thanks

john

Could be the duel mass flywheel and clutch or an engine mount I'd take it to a Toyota Dealer and ask them to book it in and road test it with you 👍 

So, you've just bought it and it's got a problem? I wonder why the previous owner sold it?

Hi have no idea why the previous owner sold it, I was really just checking to see if this was normal for a Toyota diesel, my previous car was a Peugeot HDI and it had all sorts of vibrations that I got used too. This is quite different though and the vibration can be felt through the floor and even seen in the rear view mirror. I will do as suggested and take it to the Toyota dealer to see what they advise. I bought it from a Toyota dealer but one about 100 miles from my home but I did get two years of Toyota warranty but as I said I was not sure what to expect from this diesel as my old pug was like a tractor.

John 

11 hours ago, Ant182 said:

Could be the duel mass flywheel and clutch or an engine mount I'd take it to a Toyota Dealer and ask them to book it in and road test it with you 👍 

+1

Strangely enough I took it for a spin today and drove it far harder and at higher revs than I normally do, I tend to get in the highest gear as fast as possible normally. The vibration has reduced by about 75% now, I know the car had been stood on the forecourt for over a month, The dealer has basically said as its under warranty drive it for a few days to see if it improves further and if not take it in after a few days.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links