Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tyre pressures

phillev

Hi, a question mainly for mk2 owners as that's what I have about tyre pressures and what do you run yours at? I'm mainly driving one up and using Toyota's recommended but finding the ride a bit harsh not helped by the poor state of the roads in my area. Thanks in advance.

I run mine on Toyota spec & find it's ok.Have you checked them with a different gauge in case the one you use is wrong ? If you lower the pressure from toyota spec it will wear the outer edges of the tyres & could be less stable.Mine is 2015 so Mk2.

What do you use to check your tyre pressures? 

Forecourt equipment? Footpump? 12v compressor? 

It is often best to use a specific tyre pressure gauge rather than forecourt equipment, footpump or 12v compressor. 

See the Auto Express test - https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/85474/best-tyre-tread-depth-and-pressure-gauges-2018

The question was aimed at the OP. 

I've got a new Ring digital gauge which seems pretty accurate, I never use a forecourt gauge as they get all sorts of abuse no doubt and I like to check my tyres stone cold.

I keep my Aygo x-clusiv tyres at the pressures on the label in the car. I wish they would stick that label upside down, as it would be easier to read.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links