Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PHEV

altocumulus

12 hours ago, Ten Ninety said:

I'm glad it doesn't have privacy glass - I know it's good at keeping the car cool in the summer but I think it spoils the look of pretty much any car. Give me style over practicality any day of the week - that's why I bought a PHV! 

Yes, I know what you mean - It's just with the poor boot space, some things will end up on the back seat and I'd rather it not be in too plain sight.

13 hours ago, Phil T said:

I tried for a winter discount on tyres at my garage and the best they would do was matched Blackcircles price plus fitting and vat. So much for matching the competition.

Not every dealer provides Toyota Club premium members with discounts. You did quite well if your dealer price matched against Blackcircles as internet retailers are excluded from Toyota's price match for tyres.

Not quiet, they priced matched, THEN they added the vat and fitting, so quite expensive total price. I thought when they quoted me the price, great, get them ordered. When I asked if that was the total it was actually nearer £400 and that may have increased as fitting depended on how easily they went on !

I had mine from Blackcircles, fitted locally at Mr Tyre, there this morning at 8.30, home by 9.30. Great service. They are slightly louder, slight humming, but it does not change over different surfaces like the Toyo's did, over concrete it was drowning out the radio. Bit slippy going, fine coming back, but the temperature had warmed a bit.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, altocumulus said:

The interior boot light is puny!

So upgrade it. Easily upgraded or add an extra. Flat blade under the opposite end to the switch, W5W / T10 LED of the cob type is much brighter. If you remove the grey plastic cover on the back you can fit a longer bulb in. Or stick an LED strip under the black plastic above the light and feed the wire into the original light.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, altocumulus said:

The interior boot light is puny!

Seems appropriate. The boot is seriously puny.😊

3 minutes ago, Ancient Nerd said:

Seems appropriate. The boot is seriously puny.😊

Ouch. But seriously given the size of the damn space you'd think Toyota could afford one or two luxuries....

So what car gets a decent boot light? A 5 watt incandescent lamp is normal for most cars. Perhaps Toyota thinks we do not  use them at night, hence the  PHV's dodgy headlamps.