Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hot Idle Revs

DeTomato

Not been able to find the definitive answer to this on the Web.

What is the factory set hot idle Revs for a Corolla? Is it different Revs for variants of this model, or is it a standard 950 Revs when hot (88 deg C) for example?

Presume the Revs are ECU controlled from the TPS, but knowing what it should be is a good start if resetting it.

Anyone know?

On my Corolla its more like 650 when hot....its always been lile thus since owning.

It should be ~650,700-ish. Have you tried disconnecting the Battery, hoping the re-learn will fix it?

ok, thanks for the info. Just wondered if my 1.8 VVTL-I 2ZZ-GE engine was any different and ran at higher Revs. Will keep an eye on what happens in the next day or so because presently it seems to be running about 950 Revs when warmed up. I had disconnected the Battery so I guess it's still in learning mode.

Hope you let it run for 10-15 minutes after the Battery was disconnected, to properly re-learn.

Thanks. Get what you mean. I disconnected the Battery again for 5 mins. Will see what it does on the re-re-learn :biggrin:

After searching for a while I just found a reference on the Internet for my 2ZZGE engine being hot (normal) Idle Revs at:

- Manual Transmission: 800 ± 50 rpm

- Automatic Transmission: 750 ± 50 rpm

There is obviously a difference between whether an engine is Auto or manual.

Also, before setting Idle speed it recommends running an engine for 2500 rpm for 90 seconds when at normal running temperature before reading and/or re-adjusting and repeating to ensure it is within the range required.