Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bodywork advice

Nok1a

Hello guys, I'm quite new here I've been reading few guides you have about stereo and stuff like that, but today I was In southampton and It's been very windy, I opened the door of my lovey Corolla and sliped from my hand... so I cracked the hinge (the side it's glued to the body of the car and also the "stick" who avoid the door open more than it needs), I would like to know where I can take my car, would be very helpful a place in Guildford or Southampton and if someone have a rough idea the price to fix it.

Thanks for the help!

WhatsApp Image 2018-09-20 at 17.54.57(1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-09-20 at 17.54.57(2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-09-20 at 17.54.57.jpeg

I doubt that can be fixed without repainting. My advice is to check the wreckers for used wing, and hinge. Should be much cheaper then having it fixed.

You can do the replacement yourself, bumper removal is needed, after that the wing unbolts. One weekend afternoon should be plenty of time if you take it slow.

Even if you take it to someone to replace the parts for you, should be quicker, faster, and cheaper.

• Like 2

Hi Furtula, thank for your reply, I don't have too much knowledge but as I see the hinge It's welded to the body of the car, that is what you call wing? I don't really mind too much about the front side bumper, I just want to be able to use again the door, sadly I don't have any tools to do that either the place, but I'll keep in mind your advice, do you know any wreckers place around Guildford or Southampton?, thank you very much.

By wing, i meant the panel  which is bent, the one that goes from your car door, to the front of the car. It should be easy to replace, if you wish to do so, and can probably find it in color, with a bit of effort. Check drivers door for a sticker, it should have the color code.

I do not advise to leave it like that, because winter is coming, snow, water and  dirt will just get piled inside of there, at least get a replacement panel in any color.

As for the door hinge, do you see that small hole ? They are made like that so they would fail, i think on the inside of the car there would be some kind of pin or similar, stopping the door from opening all the way. By the looks of it, you would need to have the door cover removed to be able to fix that, but it should be a simple fix.

Sorry, i do not know any wreckers in your area, i do not live in UK.

Good luck with fixing it.

• Like 1

Hi,

I replaced my driverside wing recently, not too difficult, just a couple of notes, spray the bottom bold with some penetrating oil, mine rusted inside, head twisted right off.

Also, you may have to remove the wipers and the plastic cowal to get to the top bolt otherwise you'll strugle like me....when I realise it was too late.

Got mines from eBay, £37 delivered, just look for your colour code.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

Thank you guys, yeah was my bad what I thought was the soldering coming out It's actually the silicone used as cushion for the hinge, sadly I don't have the toos and time to do it, I'm going to ask tomorrow to see how much can be, I seen the pin strap to avoid wide open the door on eBay for 20£ and the hinge around 40£ , the wing I thing even I can fix it with some youtube video 🤣🤣 but if not I will look for it online that I think will be easier to do just with a regular screwdriver.

Thanks for your tips!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links