Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Touch screen unit remove

Eva WA

Hi everyone, my first post so be kind! I am considering replacing my touch screen sat nav unit with an Apple CarPlay unit. My Aygo is 2018 March reg. Can anyone explain how I remove the unit as I cannot find any manuals or instructions...thanking you x

Btw, the AppinCar is utterly useless and the Satnav is not much better as it often wants to take me on the most ridiculous routes! I have complained to Toyota but they do not give a damn they are marketing something that hasn’t worked properly since 2014 🤬

Hi Eva, welcome to TOC 🙂

I guess that you didn't get the latest facelifted Aygo then with the improved Pioneer infotainment with Carplay?  That must rankle ... 😣

(& fwiw I have a strong suspicion that the infotainment is 1 of PSA's areas of responsibility for Aygo/C1/108)

Hiya, yes I was blooming annoyed lol. I even offered to help pay for the new upgrade in my car, hardware or software, but they told me it couldn’t be done 😡😡😡😡

Welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

On the facelift Aygo, I thought Carplay was part of the smartphone integration pack, which is only standard on the X-cite and X-clusiv, and only an option on the X-press.

27 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

On the facelift Aygo, I thought Carplay was part of the smartphone integration pack, which is only standard on the X-cite and X-clusiv, and only an option on the X-press.

but her car was registered in March - predates the latest facelift afaik.

23 minutes ago, Heidfirst said:

but her car was registered in March - predates the latest facelift afaik.

Yes aware of that. Was highlighting the fact on the facelift Carplay is only available on certain models.

On 9/22/2018 at 3:07 PM, Eva WA said:

My Aygo is 2018 March reg. Can anyone explain how I remove the unit as I cannot find any manuals or instructions...thanking you x

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....................

That's the sound of your 5  warranty flying out of the window. ;-)

• Like 1

The five year warranty will just exclude the replacement multimedia unit, alterations, Speakers (if applicable), and any associated installation work done.