Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav just keeps giving.

spl@

While under the car fitting that cursed undertray and its clips I noticed that the engine looked a lot fresher than the gearbox. Curious I looked a little deeper and some of the ancillary parts looked to share the condition of the gearbox, ( that white dusting ally takes on after a time as it ages) stuff like the oil filter housing, the starter I removed. While the sump (including bolts etc) looked hardly touched, new. You could autoglym the sump I have no reason to disbelieve that the engine has been replaced. 

My neighbour who knows Toyotas (excellent mechanic if needed in Northampton) said with lots of stop start chugging if it was going to go it would have. His words do seem to be born out by the car.

Nothing to say for certain paperwork wise but I think I will be true to my overly optimistic self and say its been 'done' at some point in the past.

Wonder whether the engine was replaced due to the head gasket/oil consumption issues that affected some of these engines - 

If it was replaced under the goodwill arrangement in the above thread, there probably wouldn't be any paperwork for the customer, as any audit trail would be Toyota's and not the customers. Could probably ask a Toyota dealer to check the Toyota history of the vehicle.

A few months after having my engine done, I went back to Toyota as I needed to update the new engine number on my registration document and Toyota just went on their computer and found everything on there. They had all the details of what was done and when. So, if the engine was replaced under the extended warranty they WILL have a record.  

It would certainly give you some piece of mind if the engine had been replaced under the goodwill scheme. Any dealer will pull up the service history and it would be interesting , if it's the case, to find the mileage at engine change.

Hmm, services, a recall because of a TSB on the rear suspension, the ecu reprogrammed? and at 26000 just "customer complaint corrected under warranty" right through the description. What that was is anybody's guess. Dated as 2016 so too late for the goodwill, to late for any warranty?. Least it looks like its been maintained by Toyota.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links