Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

SMS Connectivity for iPhone

-Marvin-

Looking for help...

When i test drove a CH-R the Salesman received an SMS and the radio began to read it out.  Since acquiring my own new CH-R last week I have tried to get this feature to work.  I have enabled the settings on my iPhone, I have paired successfully and the phone is talking to the car as I can play music and make and receive calls.

Any help or tips would be appreciated. 

• 2 weeks later...

Go into I-phone bluetooth . Look for the Toyota touch 2 go . See the ! Click on that then switch on notifications should now work with sms messagings hope this helps

Also worth checking iphone>settings >do not disturb>do not disturb while driving setting.....

• 4 years later...

It's possible that the feature may not be compatible with your specific iPhone model or software version. 

Hi there! One thing you could try is to send a random phone number to text to your own phone while it's paired with the CH-R.

13 hours ago, Wonderer1987 said:

Hi there! One thing you could try is to send a random phone number to text to your own phone while it's paired with the CH-R.

Check out if the radio reads it out. This will help you determine if the SMS reading feature is working properly or if there's an issue with your phone's settings. If you still have trouble, you may want to contact the dealership or the car manufacturer for further assistance. I hope you find my advice helpful!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links