Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

6.11.2 Sat nav update available.

kithmo

The latest update for the Gen 4 (and other) sat nav update is on the My Toyota website if any one's missed it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My Gen4 Excel is just 2 years old on 30th Sept.   Anyone know if I available for any free updates?

it's the same one as in the Spring just renamed apparently going by some posts on the internet (& MyToyota told me I already had it). Thought it was a bit early for the update to be out.

16 hours ago, JohnnyMack said:

This is an over the air only update not download ☹️

:huh: I downloaded it ok  :confused1:

2 hours ago, ian rooke said:

Hi unable to download as I am being told I already have it. 

see my post above.

it's the same one as in the Spring just renamed apparently going by some posts on the internet (& MyToyota told me I already had it). Thought it was a bit early for the update to be out.
The one from April was 6.10 and had maps from 2017. This is 6.11 and has early 2018 maps. This fixed a lot of roads in my area when I downloaded and installed it a few days ago. The files in the Zip file are dated in August, so this update was created then.
  • Like 1

Version 6.11.0 contains the latest maps, version 6.11.2 has a newer system software but it was only intended for use where version 6.11.0 failed to install, the maps are the same as 6.11.0. 

4 hours ago, TheProfessor said:

The one from April was 6.10 and had maps from 2017. This is 6.11 and has early 2018 maps. This fixed a lot of roads in my area when I downloaded and installed it a few days ago. The files in the Zip file are dated in August, so this update was created then.

6.11.0 came out in April & I had already installed in the Spring. Whilst this file may have been created in August I think that you will find that the actual mapping data is 2017-11-03 (2017Q4) - the same as in 6.11.0 .

3 minutes ago, Heidfirst said:

6.11.0 came out in April & I had already installed in the Spring. Whilst this file may have been created in August I think that you will find that the actual mapping data is 2017-11-03 (2017Q4) - the same as in 6.11.0 .

I updated the car when I purchased it right at the end of April (I want to say the 24th of April I collected, and I probably got the update a week later). It went to 6.10.0, with Map ID "2017 v2".

I checked again quite frequently after that through May and June, but nothing new was offered by "My Toyota (UK)". I then kinda gave up when I read that the next update was likely October.

While I never saw 6.11.0, I could have missed it around June, July, or August time when I wasn't checking.

By chance, I checked last week and saw 6.11.2. My Map ID now says "2018 v1". There are roads I travel on every day that now actually exist in this update, but they could have in 6.11.0 too given I never saw that one.

Is there a way to see what actual date the mapping data is from? Happy to report back...

US Toyotas generally don't use Touch 2, they have Entune but I don't know about Prius (edit: a quick Google says that NA Prius get Entune).

& I am in the UK as were others 

Maybe the website just glitched and never offered me it for some reason.

• 1 month later...

Just updated succesfully from version 4.4.1 to version 6.12.0 with maps 2018V2 on my late 2015 Auris TS, never being updated before by the previous owner.Toyota helpdesk told me that because it was never updated it was possible that software update wouldn't be possible, only navi update. But everything has been updated, including the system software.

I must say i thought that the software would be different all together (coming from factory 4.4), but it's mostly the outher UI Shell that's different. Underneath that, the first screen, everything is mostly the same.|
Still an improvement, especially the split-screen navi-audio screen.

Other remarks:
- Like expected: still no mirrorlink possibility... 
- It seems i lost my USB functionality all together with this update. My Samsung S7 isn't recognized anymore by the system.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links