Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Musty Smell in cabin

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

Hi Guys

Hopefully unlinked to my other thread re.a dead Battery encountered.

We’ve noticed what i can only describe as a weird musty stale smell in the cabin, its so strange how it just appeared in the last couple of weeks id say, we have leather seats which are cleaned regular along with the rubber mats and carpets etc, but this smell persists.

Thought it might be the pollen filter but that was replaced very recent at a full service earlier this month.

We have no idea where its coming from. Currently have 4 air fresheners placed for now lol.

P.s there are no water leaks present anywhere incase somebody suggests that as a possibility.

Quick and easy to try is air conditioning sanitiser, you just spray in the vents with the system running.

• Like 1

Could also be something unrelated to the car, like your shoes or something. Happened to me once. I had stepped in some cat !Removed! without realizing and didn't notice the smell anywhere else. Having an air duct by your feet in a small space like a cabin can surely make the stank noticeable.

Are you able to locate the smell? Like, does it smell more from the vents, and does it smell more on the left or right side, or when it's hot air or cold air blowing? Could be some wet old leaves stuck in the vents somewhere.

Did the smell come after some rain or similar? Maybe it's caused by water getting in the car.

Hi Guys
Hopefully unlinked to my other thread re.a dead battery encountered.
We’ve noticed what i can only describe as a weird musty stale smell in the cabin, its so strange how it just appeared in the last couple of weeks id say, we have leather seats which are cleaned regular along with the rubber mats and carpets etc, but this smell persists.
Thought it might be the pollen filter but that was replaced very recent at a full service earlier this month.
We have no idea where its coming from. Currently have 4 air fresheners placed for now lol.
You can get a chance of freshener that you put in the car trigger it off with the engine running and the air con on it sucks the freshener through the system car smells like new.[emoji16]Halfords or online.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk