Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toho Motors

Macavity

I’m try to find a relatively recent model MPV import (post 2011 model - probably an Estima) and have seen a couple at a dealer in Romford (Toho Motors). The cars seem to be OK (if fairly pricey) but I was wondering if anyone in the club had experience with this dealer. I have found one problematic review on the old Estima forum, but that dates back to 2011.

Try Goodmayes Motors Purfleet. They are very good,  got my Estima off them  and know other people who had cars off them. They import a variety of Japanese cars all in excellent condition.

21 minutes ago, TP49 said:

Try Goodmayes Motors Purfleet. They are very good,  got my Estima off them  and know other people who had cars off them. They import a variety of Japanese cars all in excellent condition.

Thanks Tony. I have looked at the Goodmayes website and they’ve got some very low mileage Estimas on offer, but I’m really after something a bit more recent.

Have you considered importing yourself? This way you can select your own vehicle.

I did. I imported a nine year old vehicle, selected G grade (top spec) and paid £1200 for it. Cost £1500 to ship it, including taxes.

In all I spent around £5500 which included the first year's motoring charges, TAX, MOT and Insurance.

Not heard of Toho tbh, Mike...but I know Tony always speaks well of Goodmayes..and of course, Paul is right in that you can get some cracking deals if you are prepared to do the exercise yourself.

I bought my Estima from a dealer up North..there are 2 or 3 good dealers up there..and it was already in the UK so I was able to see it, drive it, check it...and then buy it.!!!

It's been a fabulous vehicle and after 2.5 years I still love it.

Good luck with your search.

8 hours ago, RUToyota said:

Not heard of Toho tbh, Mike...but I know Tony always speaks well of Goodmayes..and of course, Paul is right in that you can get some cracking deals if you are prepared to do the exercise yourself.

I bought my Estima from a dealer up North..there are 2 or 3 good dealers up there..and it was already in the UK so I was able to see it, drive it, check it...and then buy it.!!!

It's been a fabulous vehicle and after 2.5 years I still love it.

Good luck with your search.

What dealer did you use, Neil?

17 hours ago, Paulscarbs said:

Have you considered importing yourself? This way you can select your own vehicle.

I did. I imported a nine year old vehicle, selected G grade (top spec) and paid £1200 for it. Cost £1500 to ship it, including taxes.

In all I spent around £5500 which included the first year's motoring charges, TAX, MOT and Insurance.

I don’t think SWMBO would let me get away with trying that. In her own words, she is “a very risk-averse chartered accountant” 🙂 .

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Macavity said:

What dealer did you use, Neil?

I used these guys..

I can thoroughly recommend them through personal experience..check out their testimonials.

Not sure they have anything new enough for you right now (Estima-wise) but they usually have a good stock of many Japanese vehicles.

They will deliver any vehicle you buy to wherever you want it....you will pay a "full" price but that does include just about everything you could think of.!

https://alljapanesemotors.co.uk/japanese-cars-for-sale/?make=toyota&model=estima&order=date|DESC

On 9/29/2018 at 7:39 PM, Macavity said:

Thanks Tony. I have looked at the Goodmayes website and they’ve got some very low mileage Estimas on offer, but I’m really after something a bit more recent.

I dropped into Goodmayes Motors yesterday. Plenty of stock (the second floor was a surprise); many Alphards but mostly older Estimas, so nothing of interest at the moment (the older Estimas don’t have the seat configuration I’m looking for).

The interesting option was that it would be possible for us to spec out a vehicle and ask the Goodmayes agents in Japan to go out and look for a match.

3 minutes ago, Macavity said:

I dropped into Goodmayes Motors yesterday. Plenty of stock (the second floor was a surprise); many Alphards but mostly older Estimas, so nothing of interest at the moment (the older Estimas don’t have the seat configuration I’m looking for).

The interesting option was that it would be possible for us to spec out a vehicle and ask the Goodmayes agents in Japan to go out and look for a match.

yep...that's always an option. Mike...most importers/dealers will do that for you.

I guess it's less risky than doing the process yourself...but you'll pay for the privilege of course.:wink: