Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fluttery power and warning light

killey

Hi got a 2005 Corolla 2.0 d4d 116 hp version with 192500 miles on the clock and for the last month or so it's felt down on power and can almost feel a fluttery sensation at motorway speeds. Car went into limp mode en route to work a few weeks ago when accelerating hardish from a 30 to 50 zone but I reset the ECU by removing the negative as Mr RAC said over 2 hours then the problem occurred again on my way home yesterday and got error codes p0191 & p0192 when I connected an OBD2 scanner. I've cleaned the egr valve and replaced the fuel filter since the first breakdown but don't wanna keep throwing money at an aging, although loved car if possible. Please please advise

Just to add I've also cleaned the MAF sensor

What did you clean the MAF sensor with?

Another test for the MAF is to unplug the connector to the MAF, it will idle rough but see if it's up on power when driving with the MAF unplugged.

Another way to reset your ECU without messing around with the Battery is to just remove and reinsert the ECU fuse.

Based on the codes you got, I'd suspect fuel pump or the fuel pressure sensor based on what you've already tested.

6 hours ago, killey said:

With an electrical contact cleaner

hi just scanned my Toyota sequia it gives me code p0717 input turbine speed sensor A circuit ,any idea on what to do

Thanks all will try the removing the MAF sensor tip and think I'm gonna just change the fuel pressure sensor as it's quite cheap. Have also found a bulletin from blue print about the scv's but not sure if my model is affected and they'll cost around £170. Just praying it's not the fuel pump as they look stupidly expensive and afraid that'll be the end of a 12 year relationship that's carried me the equivalent of going round the world nigh on 8 times

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 9:00 PM, killey said:

With an electrical contact cleaner

Have tried a reset on the MAF? With engine not running, try pulling out the MAF connector, leave it for 5 mins and then reconnect it. Then go to the ignition and switch if to the second position - do not start it. Then turn it off. Then switch it to the second position again, wait 5 seconds and restart the engine. Drive it up the road for 15 mins to see if the Revs stabilise.

Also, the two codes you have indicate the FRP (Fuel Rail Pressure) sensor may be faulty or the vacuum hose to the sensor is split or leaking.

Will do the MAF reset also that could be a great tip on the hose as I thought I could hear a hissing when I was having a look round with the engine running. Now hoping it's not the fuel pressure sensor as the Haynes manual says u can't change it on its own, have to do the whole common rail apparently

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links