Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo 2010 15" wheels

MJT

Hello, i am planning to change my Aygos wheels into 15" or 16" and i wonder what is the ET and width of wheels you have fitted?

Hi Mika and welcome to the Toyota Owners club. 🙂

I was going to leave your post to other members on here that had actually changed their wheels to larger ones but as there have been no replies, I thought that a link to a UK website might help.

I have a 2012 Aygo Fire with the factory fitted, 8 spoke, 14" alloys but I have been thinking about going up to a wider tyre on a 15" rim for a while now. Be careful of what tyre you put on because, as you probably know, if you increase the rolling diameter of the wheel, your speedometer will be out.  I do not know what the rules are in Finland but in the UK we have to comply with this and also inform our insurance company about any changes to our cars.

Anyway, I have always looked at this site as it shows various wheels and tyres and also gives good technical details about the rims, so for the 15" rims, follow this:

https://www.wheelbasealloys.com/alloy-wheels/toyota/aygo/Mk1/15-inch

And for the 16", follow this:

https://www.wheelbasealloys.com/alloy-wheels/toyota/aygo/Mk1/16-inch

I hope the links work and it would be interesting to hear what you think of the Aygo in the Finnish climate.

Best wishes and....Onnea!....I really hope that means "Good luck" in Finnish as I had to Google it!!!!! 😉

Hi again, Mika

I have just checked the links and they did work but now seem to be stuck on "Loading"

To get around this,  go up to your address bar after you have clicked on the link and delete the last part of the URL.....everything after "15-inch" or "16-inch", including the question mark ( ? ) and press enter on your keyboard.  Failing that, just go to the Wheelbase alloys homepage and fill in your details on the drop down menus at the top of the page:

https://www.wheelbasealloys.com

The pages I gave you do not seem to like the re-direct from here.

All the best! 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

I have 15" ET38 with 195/50 tyres. They work very well, even though mine is lowered about 60mm. I get problems with the chassis rails hitting the road rather than tyres rubbing on the car.

Sorry meant to say mine are 6.5j. I have never had them touch the steering rack/inner arch area (as some have with certain wheels) and only under extreme duress on corners do the fronts just catch the arch. Never had the rears catch on anything.

Hi, thanks for info, i just changed in my Aygo winter tyres (Hankook I*Pike RS2 155/65R14) and i have long winter time to plan summer wheels 😉

• 2 weeks later...

First post after buying an Aygo for the family to use.

Looking at buying winter wheels and tyres and notice wheelbase don't seem to offer 15's with winter tyres, 14 and 16s are available.

Is a 2018 Aygo OK on 14's ? with the slightly bigger tyre ? 

Any advice appreciated.

Rob

Try another site. 

if one changes wheel/tyre size, one will need to check the effect on the speedometer readings, and also inform one's insurer of the change.

Yes aware of that thanks, been to the main dealer too, who reckon you just up the tyre size if going down the 14's .

Toyota do supply 14's I steel if I want.

Already got a quote from insurance company too , who see it as a positive thing fitting winter wheels so nominal amount really.

why another site ? - can you recommend one ?