Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Another recall

Catlover

Didn't catch all the news this morning but I think it was saying Prius and Hybrid Auris from 2008-2014 are in for a recall - something to do with cutting out (if I heard right)

Anyone get the full story or in the know.????????

Both articles make the point they be vehicles no later than 2014 - so why show a 2017/18 phev on the BBC? Journalists!!!!

Mine might be affected, depending on exact build date. Contact number for recall information is 0800 044 3720. Telcon 5 minutes ago. They know nothing as yet. Awaiting details they say.  Toyota will write to affected registered keepers.  Or, try dealer. Seem to have heard this before. Has anyone been approached I wonder?

Edited by cobh18

As it is a DVSA recall, Toyota will be supplied with owners details by DVLA, so there won't be an immediate response.

Just wait to see whether you get a letter or use Toyota's recall checker on their website in a couple of days.

• Like 1

My Gen 4 Prius wont be affected but the wifes 2010 Auris Hybrid will.  Waiting notification of the previous recall as well - the cable under the bonnet.

I was down in my local Toyota garage today (unrelated visit), and while I was there I asked if they knew what yesterday's recall was about.

The service manager just laughed and told us of the phone ringing off the hook all day yesterday with worried owners wondering if their cars are going to suddenly become a fireball whilst driving ….. lol.
She said that Toyota Ireland had informed them of an impending recall 3 weeks ago, and that they had been waiting on further info before contacting customers. She reckons it will probably be just a software update that's needed; but they were still waiting on 'official' notification on exactly what needs to be done from Toyotas Head Office.

In the meantime however, we will continue to drive our 'potential time bombs', and with luck other drivers will give us a wide berth while out on the road …… lol.

• Like 2

From what I've seen in the media, it will be a software update.

Well, my car needs 2 new tyres, so if they hurry along with the recall notice then my dealer can fit the tyres at the same visit that they do the update - providing of course they can price-match (or near enough) Protyres quote. I will ring my dealer tomorrow to see if they've heard anything yet.