Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Recall

Ivegotfivedoors

Japanese car giant Toyota has announced a recall of more than 2.4 million hybrid vehicles worldwide because of a fault in their systems that could cause them to lose power. ... However, the carmaker said that in "rare situations", the fault could cause vehicles to stall when entering "failsafe" driving mode

I phoned my local Toyota dealer in Liverpool. I told them mine was registered in 2013 and they told me they are sending out letters to those effected and I should receive one soon you can check on the My Toyota web site if your car is included in the recall, just enter your reg number .

Dealers probably won't be able to do anything as yet. Toyota will be writing to owners of affected cars using information supplied by DVLA - so best wait for the recall letter. The fix is supposed to be a software update.

• Like 1

just spoke to our dealer and they think it could be 2 months before they have the update released to them

Mine's included in the recall. 2nd one in 5 years. Haven't heard anything yet though and no problems of that kind whatsoever untill now.

Give them a couple of weeks, software has to make it from japan to Europe,  a set of TI instructions error checked  ect ect.

• 4 months later...

I'm still waiting for letter all,I get told by dealer is when you get the letter we can sort it if it's a software issue I just hope it's not going to change anything else like the last one I had my fuel consumption dropped by about 5mpg and the have never given me an answer as to why

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2019 at 9:07 PM, Grandprix said:

I'm still waiting for letter all,I get told by dealer is when you get the letter we can sort it if it's a software issue I just hope it's not going to change anything else like the last one I had my fuel consumption dropped by about 5mpg and the have never given me an answer as to why

I had a similar problem but mine was a sudden drop in mpg for no reason. I disconnected the Battery and left it for half hour before reconnecting it and my mpg was back to normal, apparently resetting the ECU in this way makes it relearn things and often improves MPG. 

As for your recall issue I’m in the same boat. Dealers have the software needed for other models but not the auris. My dealer doesn’t expect it to be too much longer, had to take mine in for a different recall! Passenger side airbag needed to be changed due to a safety issue and the possibility of shrapnel flying into a passengers face in it was deployed! 

2 hours ago, ArranB said:

Passenger side airbag needed to be changed due to a safety issue and the possibility of shrapnel flying into a passengers face in it was deployed! 

The airbag recalls stem from the Takata airbag scandal and are across numbers of manufacturers, not just Toyota.

Just had my recall to check airbags done and they must of disconnected Battery as my mpg has gone back to being almost as it was before update 65mpg at the moment see if I can get that 70/72 as the weather warms up fingers crossed

Just now, Grandprix said:

Just had my recall to check airbags done and they must of disconnected battery as my mpg has gone back to being almost as it was before update 65mpg at the moment see if I can get that 70/72 as the weather warms up fingers crossed

They do. They did the same on mine 

Just now, Grandprix said:

Which battery do they disconnect may be worth doing from time to time my self

Just the 12v in the boot. Just need to disconnect the negative terminal 

FAA any one worked out to set the date on dash after my recent airbag visit and disconnecting the Battery it not right and I've tried and tried but can't get it to menu for changing it

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, 

has anyone done the latest recall for software update on Auris hybrid first gen? Are there any changes in performance and fuel consumption afterwards. I have a later from Toyota two days ago, they said to book an appointment and that aren’t ready to update. Highly appreciate any info regarding this update .

Cheers 

On 3/21/2019 at 10:32 AM, TonyHSD said:

Hi guys, 

has anyone done the latest recall for software update on Auris hybrid first gen? Are there any changes in performance and fuel consumption afterwards. I have a later from Toyota two days ago, they said to book an appointment and that aren’t ready to update. Highly appreciate any info regarding this update .

Cheers 

Got mine booked in for next Tuesday so if no one else replied first I’ll let you know. Should have been done last Tuesday but had to change the appointment! I believe the Prius hybrid already had this update so might be worth a bit of research to see if any of them noticed any changes 

• Like 1

Nowadays, DVSA don't allow time for manufacturers to build up stocks of replacement parts prior to recall letters being sent out

2 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Nowadays, DVSA don't allow time for manufacturers to build up stocks of replacement parts prior to recall letters being sent out

Non needed for the latest recall. It’s just a software update 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

4 minutes ago, ArranB said:

Non needed for the latest recall. It’s just a software update 

Yes, but whether it is physical parts or an update the same applies. TonyHSD said, they aren't ready to do the update yet.

2 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Yes, but whether it is physical parts or an update the same applies. TonyHSD said, they aren't ready to do the update yet.

They are ready now, they phoned me a couple of weeks ago to say they are ready now but yeah there was a long delay for the software to be ready for the Auris. Got the first letter many months ago, I’d guess they have to tell people there is a problem even if they haven’t for the fix for it yet to cover their own backside  

Ops, I have problems with my keyboard, wrongly typing. Yes, they are ready now. Apologies for the wrong typing. Thanks in advance for anyone that is happy to share. 

our car's booked in for the power management software update

apparently it takes about 90 minutes to complete the update.

13 minutes ago, eygo said:

our car's booked in for the power management software update

apparently it takes about 90 minutes to complete the update.

My dealer told me upto 4 hours!