Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Modern headlights, what do you think.

spl@

I had a near miss last night with a moron that fully committed to a corner using all the road, including my side into a corner because his headlights masked my approach. They also blinded me to the point I could see nothing but blue blobs for a minute or so afterwards. I had to pull up until my vision cleared.

The thing is I don't rate the modern lights all that much, they are fitted to the trucks at work and are appalling. They give a bright trapezoid on the road in front of the vehicle that is SO bright anything else is black. Main beam on the other hand melts cats eyes at a thousand yards (sarcasm). On older vehicles the lights were not as physically bright but you had far better light and not as tiresome to use. You could also drive towards them without being blinded.

The  most disturbing point for me is how darn bright the lights are as you approach them. Especially if they are cresting a rise or its one of the latest cars with automatic dip (that seems as dopey as human reactions).

How are they allowed, surely testing by manufacturers has shown how ineffective they are in the real world. What use is a car headlight that blinds oncoming cars but doesent offer the proper light to see with.

Wondered what other views were.

Same as the idiot designer who thought it a good idea to put the indicator light in the same lense as the day time running lights. I've had a couple of near misses because the indicator is hidden by the  day lights. And on buses where the rear indicator is circled by the brake lights,  and designers get good money for their stupid ideas. Rant over, but I totally agree with what your saying.

I had a near miss last night with a moron that fully committed to a corner using all the road, including my side into a corner because his headlights masked my approach. They also blinded me to the point I could see nothing but blue blobs for a minute or so afterwards. I had to pull up until my vision cleared.
The thing is I don't rate the modern lights all that much, they are fitted to the trucks at work and are appalling. They give a bright trapezoid on the road in front of the vehicle that is SO bright anything else is black. Main beam on the other hand melts cats eyes at a thousand yards (sarcasm). On older vehicles the lights were not as physically bright but you had far better light and not as tiresome to use. You could also drive towards them without being blinded.
The  most disturbing point for me is how darn bright the lights are as you approach them. Especially if they are cresting a rise or its one of the latest cars with automatic dip (that seems as dopey as human reactions).
How are they allowed, surely testing by manufacturers has shown how ineffective they are in the real world. What use is a car headlight that blinds oncoming cars but doesent offer the proper light to see with.
Wondered what other views were.

Those modern lights are awful when they're coming towards you out of the dark, so much so I feel sure they must still be on full beam but clearly they're not.
I haven't driven any modern cars on unlit back roads at night to know what the driving experience is like but have driven some nearly new and new vans and not found them to be that confidence inspiring, [emoji848][emoji848]

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Same as the idiot designer who thought it a good idea to put the indicator light in the same lense as the day time running lights. I've had a couple of near misses because the indicator is hidden by the  day lights. And on buses where the rear indicator is circled by the brake lights,  and designers get good money for their stupid ideas. Rant over, but I totally agree with what your saying.
Absolutely, am a HGV driver so spend most my entire 50 - 60 hour week on the road and the Indicator was has caught me out a few times sometimes when they are signalling you can't see it and then once you've gotten the idea of that lodged away you find when a similar vehicle isn't signalling you've enough doubt in your mind to make you hesitate and when you're sitting on the entrance to a roundabout and miss that opportunity it may be a bit of a wait for the next one [emoji22][emoji22]

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Makes you wonder how these idea's get to the road. Why are they not stopped.