Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis T27 driver door problem.

s80key

Hello guys and gals.

I have just bought a toyota avensis t27 1.8 vatic and have come across the problem of the driver side door not being closed properly.

Im getting the door moving slightly over bumps and when I'm at motorway speed i can hear the wind noise coming through the door.

I have read a few articles about this being a common issue with the T27.As the car is out of Toyota warranty I wanted to ask you guys and gals has anyone fixed this issue with 

either a repair kit or some sort of realignment of the hinge of the door.

Any help would be welcomed and thank you again.

Have you checked the area around the hinges on the bodyshell for cracks?

Thanks for the reply.Yes i have all looks fine no cracks or paint distorted.What i do get is when i open the door i hear like click click should as the door opens 20% same as when i close it.Visually when you look at the door looks all ok.Confusing i know .

This sounds to me like the latch hoop may be badly adjusted. Normally there are a couple of large screws you can slacken to allow you to move it further inwards. Does the door rear edge look perfectly aligned with the rear door front edge? If not there's your evidence. Ian

Thank you for the reply will get a local garage look into it and see what they can do.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links