Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris hybrid front brake caliper

ArranB

My front offside brake seems to be binding slightly so planning to strip, clean and rebuild it. Is there anything I should know before attempting this or is bleeding done any differently due to the electronic brake fluid pump system? 

Thanks 

hybrid braking is different to a non hybrid system

you need to disable the abs pump and you will also need

toyota techstream (tis) there is a utility in there for brake bleeding

to explain it ,here is a link for a video :-

That's sort of how the dealers do brake bleeds, but the video is a very very usa diy.  best advice if its brake fluid on a hybrid VISIT your dealer .

Sticky brake pads are much more likely or at worse the fixing slide mounts. don't mess with the fluid side please.

i would say this is how the dealers do a brake fluid change on a hybrid

since the toyota software is being used to complete the job.

5 hours ago, Robtech said:

That's sort of how the dealers do brake bleeds, but the video is a very very usa diy.  best advice if its brake fluid on a hybrid VISIT your dealer .

Sticky brake pads are much more likely or at worse the fixing slide mounts. don't mess with the fluid side please.

Stripped and removed the pads etc, cleaned it all up and re fitted and so far so good, took it for a 15 mile test drive and it doesn’t seem to be binding now. Time will tell I guess! If it turns out the caliper is at fault and it binds again I dread to think when Toyota will charge for the replacement but I’ll ask when it goes in for this latest recall 🙄

Thanks guys 👍

Its close but read the youtube comments as the usa say it  opens a whole can of worms.

My view is I would sooner be able to have recourse to a dealer if any problems arise after any work on the fluid side of

the electronic braking system. Safety and liability come to mind.