Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2005 Avensis Cruise control

NoClu3

Hi guys,

I've been a member for years but this is my first post...

I'm fitting cc to my 2005 2.0vvti auto avensis.

Electrically it's working (the cruise light lights up) but fixing the stalk is proving tricky.

I wonder if I have the wrong one?

Does anyone have the part number?

Do I need an entire new (second hand) steering wheel with cc included?

Thanks for your help.

20181007_131858_HDR.jpg

20181007_131852_HDR.jpg

20181007_131849_HDR.jpg

20181007_131825_HDR.jpg

Hi there! Not sure whether or not you have the right one, kinda difficult to see. When you say that the stalk is working electronically, does it actually hold the speed?

Anyways, you need to do some drilling into the metal and cut a hole for the stalk in the plastic. See the PDF in this post:

I know it's in Spanish or something but there are some pictures in there. I guess you could do some Google translation if you need to.

As for part number, AFAIK Toyota doesn't sell the stalk as a stand-alone part since it is "difficult" to install it. Tried to find a part number but I was only able to find a part number for the steering wheel assembly with the stalk.

Hi

I installed mine like this.

Looks like yours is different, but i'm sure you will figure it out!

IMG_20150629_165536.jpg

Thanks guys.

Yes it holds speed.

@ents thanks for the picture, I've definitely got the wrong stalk. I can work out where your screw is (far left) but what are the two bolts connected to? Did you fabricate something?

I've ordered a second hand wheel with cc included, so hopefully that will be ok.

5 hours ago, NoClu3 said:

Thanks guys.

Yes it holds speed.

@ents thanks for the picture, I've definitely got the wrong stalk. I can work out where your screw is (far left) but what are the two bolts connected to? Did you fabricate something?

I've ordered a second hand wheel with cc included, so hopefully that will be ok.

😀 the other two bolts are conneted to the plastic back cover of the steeringwheel. And what you can't see, there are two pieces of LEGO under the stalk to keep it right place.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links